Yeti GOBOX Collection

Hey Oak!

You gonna be selling these raffle tickets?

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb18-137

That bill is a proposal of Denny Behrens with Big Game Forever. It was sprung on all of the conservation organizations last Thursday at the Sportsmen's Caucus at the Capitol. Zero public input...just a scheme dreamed up by a couple of people behind closed doors, and only one sponsor. Eight plus conservation groups are organizing an effort to kill it before it gains any traction. Thanks for asking.

I'm waiting for the right time to suggest to them that some people do not take kindly to unauthorized use of the term "Grand Slam." ;)

And another thing: I'm sometimes only on here once a week, so if you have a question, shoot me a message. The only way I knew this was posted was because someone let me know. I hadn't been on the site since last Thursday.

I'm waiting for the right time to suggest to them that some people do not take kindly to unauthorized use of the term "Grand Slam." ;)

That’s funny. I was thinking the same thing.:) And let me guess, BGF wants a no-audit opportunity to sell those tickets, right?

Just one winner? OK why not?

Would rather see a bill introduced putting the entire tag quota into the public draw. Think that would do more for hunter recruitment.

And another thing: I'm sometimes only on here once a week, so if you have a question, shoot me a message. The only way I knew this was posted was because someone let me know. I hadn't been on the site since last Thursday.

The post was somewhat on the sarcastic side, which I'm sure you caught.

I've got your cell and email if I have a really important question.

I expected to find y'all kindly discussing the new CPW fee bill that was introduced Monday.

You gonna be selling these raffle tickets?

https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/sb18-137

So, similar to what Arizona and Montana and Wyoming and Idaho and Washington and Oregon and Texas and perhaps other states do for various big game species in the state. I understand the concept of slippery slope though personally have no issue if two tags from each species are set aside with one allocated to Richie Rich at public auction and one allocated to a raffle. My issue is when there a 5 or 10 or 20 or 100 tags for a species are set aside from the draw system. Colorado already has landowner tags for several species including bighorn sheep which impact the draw odds way more than a single auction and a single raffle tag per species. I dislike landowner tags but if Colorado is going to continue with that system then if you acquire one as a hunter then my opinion is you should lose your accumulated points for that species.

SB18-137 is currently scheduled for first reading in the Senate Finance Committee Feb. 8. Big Game Forever agreed yesterday to ask the Committee to push that back, at least until after SB18-143 makes it through committee (scheduled for first reading Feb. 13).

I would recommend that if you don't support the bill you reach out to the lone sponsor, Sen. Ray Scott, and let him know. It would be best to comment on the merits of the bill rather than the source.

[email protected]
303-866-3077

SB18-137 is currently scheduled for first reading in the Senate Finance Committee Feb. 8. Big Game Forever agreed yesterday to ask the Committee to push that back, at least until after SB18-143 makes it through committee (scheduled for first reading Feb. 13).

I would recommend that if you don't support the bill you reach out to the lone sponsor, Sen. Ray Scott, and let him know. It would be best to comment on the merits of the bill rather than the source.

[email protected]
303-866-3077

Signature worthy material...

Done...thanks for the reminder.

Funny that one of the things the money generated can be used for is for "fostering and protecting the North American Model"...you cant script this kind of irony.

Grand Slam Wildlife Raffle bill was pushed to the 13th. Still a few days to email if you desire.

I have heard that the bill has been pushed to the week of Feb. 19, but the legislative calendar might not be updated until Monday.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back