Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Swaro BTX eyepiece..... thoughts, opinions??

michsteelguy

While I was researching spotters (last year) I came across some videos about Swaros newest eyepiece, and it got me thinking about its practicallity for hunting use. Not at all questioning the quality, as I have a pair of Swaro 12x50 binos that work very well, but rather the ease of use. It seems like it would be great for eye strain/ focus but it weighs more than double that of their standard eyepiece...which is a negative for pack hunting. Also it appears that there may be too many adjustment features that would need to be set for perfect viewing... which would be difficult to maintain on a moving target.
I get the opinions will vary (regarding straight or angled.... thats another issue), but all things considered, what do you guys think about this? Is this just the latest industry "gimmic", or something worth considering if price wasnt an issue??? Does anyone out there own this? Whats your thoughts???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5txMIqRPTs

I know a guy who has the $$$$$ to buy such new toys who bought the 95mm objective, the BTX eyepiece and the 1.7X extender (doesn't have it yet it wasn't in stock) he likes it but says since he is used to his other spotting scopes which are lighter and have a higher magnification he probably won't use it much. He says the quality is fine and the glass is great but the extra weight he can do without. Must be nice to have a cabinet with a dozen pairs of high quality binoculars and five spotting scopes that each cost more than my first car.

The concept is nothing new. The only reason to buy that is if you plan on spending most of your day glassing and want to reduce eye strain.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back