Evidence/Proof of sex

652nineOH

Hope this is the correct section for this question - I'm curious what you guys do for female proof of sex? It's pretty common knowledge to leave a "nutsky" attached to the hide or rear quarter for male carcasses, but I've never heard any tips for the ladies. Is there a standard for that? Does it differ by state? Thanks for any input fellas.

Just cut around the vulva and leave that attached just like you would a sac.

I heard about a guy cutting the udder off and putting it in a zip lock bag. Safest bet is to contact a warden in your inteded hunt area and ask them.

Because i debone i leave udders and use a seperate smaller game bag. Using the smaller tighter bag minimizes the hair getting all over everything else and if its easier i can just drop it into the bigger game bag and no worries. But as mentioned above always check laws and make sure your plan is legal where your hunting.

Chris

The first year that requirement was imposed, I took a doe and a buck antelope and cleaned all parts up nicely, then put them on ice. I had heads and proof of sex in individual zip lock bags. I proudly allowed the game warden to examine my success, only to be alarmed that he was about to issue a citation. I asserted that what I did was acceptable, so he called his supervisor, with whom I demanded to speak. The FWP warden supervisor admonished me, gave me a warning, and advised me to leave the proof of sex attached in the future. I don't like it because my standards for cleaning and cooling the meat parts differ from that ... but who am I to question the requirement?

Last edited:
The first year that requirement was imposed, I took a doe and a buck antelope and cleaned all parts up nicely, then put them on ice. I had heads and proof of sex in individual zip lock bags. I proudly allowed the game warden to examine my success, only to be alarmed that he was about to issue a citation. I asserted that what I did was acceptable, so he called his supervisor, with whom I demanded to speak. The FWP warden supervisor admonished me, gave me a warning, and advised me to leave the proof of sex attached in the future. I don't like it because my standards for cleaning and cooling the meat parts differ from that ... but who am I to question the requirement?

Naturally attached is always the best...

What I do is bring a couple quart sized Ziploc bags and while keeping everything naturally attached, I put the proof of sex into the bottom of the bag. Since you can't really seal up the bag, I then put a ziptie on the top of the bag, just below the seal. That gets it nice and tight and keeps the meat clean.

Good info man, thank you. This is the sort of thing I was getting at with my question, because I've seen this type of issue happen to buddies and heard a lot of stories. Basically doing everything you can to be compliant, to the point of wanting to bump into a game warden so you can show off how well you know the rules. Then to be informed you're not in compliance lol.

Naturally attached is always the best...

What I do is bring a couple quart sized Ziploc bags and while keeping everything naturally attached, I put the proof of sex into the bottom of the bag. Since you can't really seal up the bag, I then put a ziptie on the top of the bag, just below the seal. That gets it nice and tight and keeps the meat clean.

I love this idea, thank you. I already have zipties and ziploks in my utility kit, so this fits my gear perfectly

Wyoming no longer requires it to be attached. Cut it off and put it in a baggie here.
Skin out that scrotum and just leave a hair free testicle attached if you're worried about it.

The easiest way I've found is to skin out the udder, and leave 1/2 or all of it attached to the carcass.

By far the easiest way on a male when quartering (bone in our boneless), is to leave part of the penis (about 2-3" worth) attached to one quarter. It weighs nothing and is clean.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back