Winchester Accubond CT Experiences?

Riz

Does anyone have experience on elk using the Winchester Accubond CT's? The local sporting goods store stocks them regularly, whereas they don't often have the Nosler Trophy Grade loads for my 300WM. Being that I'm not a hand loader, I'd like to use a round that I can easily buy locally, but I want to be sure it will work on the real thing and not just paper. Thanks in advance for any insights.

I used the Winchester Accubond CT in 270 win (140GR) last year. I shot a mule deer at a little over 200 yards in the lung/shoulder area and the bullet performed well. I found it under the hide on the offside shoulder and it was a textbook mushroom with no core separation

Same bullet as the "regular" Accubond except with Lubalox, (whatever that is) and a red tip. mtmuley

I have handloaded and used the Accubonds a lot. They shoot very well and work wonderfully on game. You will be pleased with them. If your rifle shoots them well use them with complete confidence.

I’ve found the Winchester-loaded Accubonds to be accurate and to meet or exceed published velocities in my guns. Very good ammo, IMO.

Thanks to everyone for your advice - I’m going to pick up a box and head to the range as soon as this South Dakota weather lets me.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back