PEAX Equipment

Lead Free 6.5 Creedmoor ammunition

ssssnake529

Looking for a good factory round in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Lead free bullet with a high BC and good terminal performance.

I normally reload, but I just switched to lead free, and I'm not going to have time to work up a hand load before an upcoming Javelina hunt.

So, recommendations on a good factory option would be appreciated.

Pretty limited options. Barnes, Hornady, and Nosler all have lead-free variants for 6.5CM.

Good luck on the hunt.

Are the lead free bullets running fast enough to preform at a distance where a high BC beneficial?

You're looking at a game animal just barely bigger than a 'Yote. Don't over think it! A 223 with a decent bullet is all you'll need. I'd be more worried about non-expansion from a Creed than anything else, or blowing a soft ball hole.

I believe the LRX is Barnes' long range bullet. I know some folks that are using them and love them.

You are right but I'm only half wrong. The TTSX is offered in far more calibers and would be the long range option when the LRX is not offered.

I'd just use the TTSX. It will fly flat enough as far as you can kill something with a Creedmore. mtmuley

I have also seen that Remington recently came out with lead free ammunition, i think it's a Barnes bullet. I haven't tried it myself but I've always had good groups with their cup and core ammo

I am going to load some 120 gr GMX for my 6.5 here pretty soon. I've heard mixed reviews on the GMX, next option will be Barnes.

Janvlina! Shoot I never sht ne, never even seen one but from what I read over the years I think the 22 mag with a 40gr bullet would work. I think if I was to hunt them I'd take my 243 with an 87 to 100gr bullet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back