Caribou Gear

Renting a 4x4 in Denver

Bukwild3

Was thinking about flying from Louisiana to Denver and drive to my hunt from there. I tried to call enterprise about a 4x4 as it was suggested that I have one where I will be. They told me they could add it to my preference but couldn't guarantee that I would have one when I arrived. Does anybody know of anyone that has a company that offers a 4x4 for rent? I would be flying in and driving 5.5 hrs away so it would probably have to have unlimited miles as we will probably be moving a lot. I have my truck and may just do that, just trying to knock 15+ hrs off my trip. Thanks for any info.

We have rented trucks from Enterprise in Colorado and they said they don't think they have trucks that aren't 4X4. Never had an issue yet.

Its amazing where i have taken 2wheel drive rentals, just check spare at airport...lol

Renting 4x4's from enterprise is mostly a function of being nice and just asking for one when you get there. If you have an full sized truck, SUV or compact truck rented they seem a little more willing to work with you. You are going to stand around for a few extra minutes waiting, but they have a ton of them in reserve in the back in Denver. The 4x4's have CO plates and the 2x4's have California plates.

I rented 4x4 trucks from enterprise in Denver, Phoenix and Omaha in 2017 and it was quite easy. The colder climates tend to have more in stock than the warmer ones.

I've had them all tell me that they can't guarantee you a 4x4. Unless you get the higher dollar SUV or a Jeep Wrangler. But, like stated above, I've never had an issue getting one.

National Car at DIA has 4X4's all of the time. Makes it kind of nice to try out different trucks that I'll never actually purchase.

I rented last year from Hertz in Denver got a 4x4 no problem. Join their free club, you can pick out what you want when you get there.

I also have rented from Uhaul but have never seen a 4x4 Uhaul truck.

Not directly related, but a search to pull up a thread by schmaltz regarding Insurance and a rental might be worth a look-see...

not sure where your going but one thing to think about is, most places you rent a truck from are going to have cheap highway tires on them. Or as randy said get a flat running over a cigarette butt.

I'll second the cheap tire flat thing. My cousin once rented a suv in Denver and It was a really dry 3rd season in Colorado that year. We had a pretty good ride on dusty gravel roads to get to the hunting location. That trucked was so filled with dust and dirt I think we spent a day trying to get it cleaned!

I blew a tire on a brand new Silverado last fall. The blm roads of Wyoming were too much for the cheap tires on it. Enterprise was more mad about all the mud stuck underneath it. Thank god for the extra insurance

I've never had a rental place say anything about how dirty a vehicle is. In fact, I had one tell me not to worry with hosing it off, that they pay people to do that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyaddof
Back