Maine Moose

Yooper Bob

IMG_1182 (1).JPGI just wanted to let the members know that my 16 yr old granddaughter and I went to Maine on our moose hunt this Sept. We went a week early to scout and with help from Ben at Bens Trading Post in Presque Isle we found lots of sign and hot spots.Onthe 1st morning we spotted a nice bull which my granddaughter dropped running with 1 shot through both lungs with her .308.Itwasthe first tagged in and weighted in at 800 lbs and 46inch spread.In Maine 2 people can hunt on one tag for one moose,it took me 19 yrs to draw the tag.We had a wonderfull time on our once in a lifetime hunt.

That's great! Kudos to you for taking your granddaughter along and letting her fill the tag.

Congratulations to your granddaughter and you! That was an awesome thing for you to do. Your granddaughter is lucky to have you!

Nice. The only problem with going with a hunter, is you have to help. Did you pack down the granddaughter?

Fantastic pic! Congrats on the bull, beauty for sure.
This will be my 17th year in the lottery...maybe my turn to draw a ME tag!!!

Beautiful bull, by the looks of the wheat stubble I am guessing your recovery of the bull wasn't that difficult. Were you able to get him out whole?

Back