Yeti GOBOX Collection

Maine Moose

Thanks for all the great comments. Addicting ,believe it or not all of the spots that we had lined up for the first day were in deep woods and slashing but as we were getting to our first spot we spotted this bull in the wheat field that we could hunt just as it was breaking daylight 15 min later we had him down.It was just good luck and great shooting that made it happen,yes we were able to back up to it and with the help of some other hunters we met were able use a snatch block and their truck to drag it on our trailer.Also we shared our hot spots with them and on the last day they called me to say thanks they just dropped a 805 lb 47 inch bull at a spot we passed on to them.

Man thats a great bull. Both of you should be so proud. And then add on the good will towards other hunters to boot. This story should be written up somewhere so more hunters see it. Great job.

Hard to guess who that bull meant more to you: you who put in for 19 years and let her shoot it, or her with her first with her grandpa. That's a great memory.

I am going on year 8 I think for Maine Moose draw.

Well done!!!!
Looks like you guys had a great time.

You mentioned it took 19 years. Were you buying a single chance each year?
I'm on year 6 and cant wait to draw sometime...

Lostinthewoods,yes I bought one chance each year for 19 yrs, with the weighted point system I had 71 points when I drew.I also wanted to mention the other hunters from Maine that we met got their moose in one of our spots had it dragged out with a 2700lb Belgian draft horse ridden by a young girl who had to climb up a log pile to get on its back .They were lobster fishermen and a seafood wholesaler and sent us lobster and fresh scallops for Christmas.We had seafood and moose for our Christmas supper, we met the nicest people in Maine.

Lostinthewoods,yes I bought one chance each year for 19 yrs, with the weighted point system I had 71 points when I drew.I also wanted to mention the other hunters from Maine that we met got their moose in one of our spots had it dragged out with a 2700lb Belgian draft horse ridden by a young girl who had to climb up a log pile to get on its back .They were lobster fishermen and a seafood wholesaler and sent us lobster and fresh scallops for Christmas.We had seafood and moose for our Christmas supper, we met the nicest people in Maine.

Thank you for the information and thank you again for posting this experience!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back