Caribou Gear

West Virginia via Southern Illinois

blacksheep

I was raised in southern West Virginia where hunting is more of a religion and killing your first deer was a rite of passage for a young hunter. I still call West Virginia home even though I have lived in Southern Illinois for over 20 years now. I am an avid deer hunter and I have had the opportunity to take a couple of southern Illinois bruisers. Then I got bit by the western big game bug. I have always wanted to hunt antelope, but last spring a good friend of mine from the military invited me to come to Colorado and hunt elk and mule deer. I am making my first trip out to western Colorado for 2nd rifle season this October. I have spent the last year or so compiling everything that is needed for a western elk hunt. From boots to 2 new rifles and everything in between and I'm almost ready. We are hunting unit 231 near the flat tops and I cannot wait. This past years groups killed 11 between 1st and 2nd seasons. I am going to try and put myself in the best position to kill my first elk even if I have to hike 3-5 miles to do it. This website if full of information and I enjoy watching Randy hunt on TV. keep up the good work.

blacksheep

Welcome and good luck on trip, hope your training for it. It will be awesome: soak in every minute of it, and you will be back...lol

Chris

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back