Caribou Gear Tarp

Any New Yorkers Out There???

Dougfirtree

For anyone who lives in NY: There's another push to lower the age at which kids can hunt from 14 to 12. Details here: https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2017/S3156 It sure would be nice if we could get this done, finally. It would mean a lot to my family! Please call your assembly members, especially if they're Democrats, and let them know you support the bill (assuming you do;)). It has already passed the senate, so maybe this one has a chance...

Just moved to NY from Utah. Pretty pleased with the amount of opportunity out here. This seems like it is increasing that opportunity. Thanks for the heads up! Would be nice to only have to wait 7 years instead of 9 to take my 5yo. out with me(when he can actually hunt, he's already been deer and turkey hunting with me in UT).

Last edited:
I got the hell out of the People's Republik of NY and never looked back. It's nice to go back and visit and have the comfort of knowing I can escape.

Well, I'm sure we're poorer for the loss of you. However, there are still a few corners of NY that remain tolerable for me. I'm in the northeastern Adirondacks. My oldest son is turning 11 this year and so we're watching this one carefully! Hope you're staying warm out there!

I think this is no brainer. Let parents decide and get the kids involved. My favorite part of NY is watching it go away in the rear view mirror. I can’t wait to get out.

All for lowering the age; I think it makes a lot of sense to let kids get involved before sports etc take over their lives. It’s tough these days for middle school age kids to make time for hunting and fishing what with all the other extracurricular activities they’re also being involved in.

Well, I'm sure we're poorer for the loss of you. However, there are still a few corners of NY that remain tolerable for me. I'm in the northeastern Adirondacks. My oldest son is turning 11 this year and so we're watching this one carefully! Hope you're staying warm out there!
Adirondack high peaks is, an awsome place.
Killed a, few black bears and a couple big bodied whitetails over the years, around pottersville/warrensburg

Back