Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MT Deer question

targetpanic

We are applying for our first NR General deer combo licenses this fall (no limited entry hunts). I keep seeing mention that it will probably be about 50% draw odds, what has it been the last few years if anybody knows?? Last summer we all bought a preference point to be used towards this years license. WIll that guarantee us getting tags? If I am understanding the NR preference point system correctly, we could also purchase another pref point this year when applying and it would be used towards this year as well. Is that correct? Is that necessary?
Thanks

We are applying for our first NR General deer combo licenses this fall (no limited entry hunts). I keep seeing mention that it will probably be about 50% draw odds, what has it been the last few years if anybody knows?? Last summer we all bought a preference point to be used towards this years license. WIll that guarantee us getting tags? If I am understanding the NR preference point system correctly, we could also purchase another pref point this year when applying and it would be used towards this year as well. Is that correct? Is that necessary?
Thanks

I don't got exact odd for the deer combo last year but do know lots of guys got denied . To answer your question yes you will have 2 pref points if you buy another when u apply . My guess is yes that will pretty much guarantee you a tag . Guess it just depends if there's a huge spike in the number of people that bought/will buy pref point . I apply for the big game combo and I also bought a pref point and will buy another at time of app just to give myself reassurance. Long story short , with 2 pref points you should draw

I would think you should have a good chance of drawing. Last years terrible winters in WY, CO, and ID may have had something to do with the huge spike in apps for MT. I don't think it will be as bad this year but who knows..

I would think you should have a good chance of drawing. Last years terrible winters in WY, CO, and ID may have had something to do with the huge spike in apps for MT. I don't think it will be as bad this year but who knows..

Agreed . It'll be interesting. Guessing for the big game combo I could save my $50 for the pref point and still draw easily . But u never know . I've blown $50 on much worse things

Agreed . It'll be interesting. Guessing for the big game combo I could save my $50 for the pref point and still draw easily . But u never know . I've blown $50 on much worse things

I agree!! I will probably buy another PP this year when we apply just to insure a tag. It did turn a $600 deer tag into a $700 deer tag though LOL.

Thanks for the answers guys...I thought I read it all right but wanted confirmation

I agree!! I will probably buy another PP this year when we apply just to insure a tag. It did turn a $600 deer tag into a $700 deer tag though LOL.

Thanks for the answers guys...I thought I read it all right but wanted confirmation

Your welcome . If I was just applying for the Deer combo then I would def buy the point when you apply . Give yourself best chance possible . It's only $ .

The point that you buy with your application would be good next year, not this year. At least that’s how it works for all other tags. I don’t know why it would be any different for the combos.

I'm pretty sure if you buy one after the drawing then it will be used the next year, but if you buy one at the time of application then it goes toward the current year. see bottom line in Bold

Purchasing Preference Points
Preference points for a nonresident big game or deer combination license may be purchased for a nonrefundable fee of $50. Preference points can be purchased:

at the time of application for the nonresident combination license; or
between July 1 and September 30 for individuals who did not apply for a nonresident combination license.
Applicants may purchase only one preference point per license year. Preference points purchased at the time of application are awarded prior to the drawing.

Apparently they bought points last summer, so they can't get another one this year. Therefore, the point they buy when they apply will not count this year.

The point that you buy with your application would be good next year, not this year. At least that’s how it works for all other tags. I don’t know why it would be any different for the combos.

No not true . Pref point u by when applying is applied before this years drawing

Apparently they bought points last summer, so they can't get another one this year. Therefore, the point they buy when they apply will not count this year.

Ok , yeh I can see that . I'll hand to pay attention to that cuz that's what I did bought my pref point last summer . Oh well 1 pref point should be enough to draw big game combo

MT FWP is really helpful, I would call them to clarify. I believe PP is applied only for next year....

I'm pretty sure if you buy one after the drawing then it will be used the next year, but if you buy one at the time of application then it goes toward the current year. see bottom line in Bold

Purchasing Preference Points
Preference points for a nonresident big game or deer combination license may be purchased for a nonrefundable fee of $50. Preference points can be purchased:

at the time of application for the nonresident combination license; or
between July 1 and September 30 for individuals who did not apply for a nonresident combination license.
Applicants may purchase only one preference point per license year. Preference points purchased at the time of application are awarded prior to the drawing.

See above

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back