holster suggestions

Idahoarcheryhunter

anybody have some good suggestions for a holster to be used on an eberlestock j34, what I am wanting to do is attach it to the molle webbing on the hip belt if that makes sense versus putting it on my pants belt and then my pack over the top of it. I am just curious if any of you guys have found a good holster for that type of use oh also the handgun is a smith and wesson m and p 40.

Serpa with molle attachment brackets works great, used it with my pistols on my dragonfly

Chris

I use the Blackhawk Spec Ops holster. It's not necessarily what you're asking for but it's comfortable and drops the gun just enough to get it out of the way of your backpack hip belt without dangling down by your knee like a true drop down holster. The name is a bit douchy so don't be fooled by that.

I had been using SERPAs for 7-8 years when the things started to not release my pistol, and it was basically jammed in the holster. They immediately went into the garbage, and were replaced with Bladetech level 3 holsters on my chest rig and gunbelt. I am pretty sure the issue with the SERPA was dust/grit creating too much friction on the trigger guard. Eitherway, I don't trust a SERPA anymore.

Safariland 7TS ALS or 578 GLS depending on your retention release preference for belt mounted. I have one of each and I think I prefer the 7TS ALS thumb release, but the middle finger deactivation is fairly unobtrusive too. The SERPA has always been garbage and between requiring your index finger to exert pressure in a fashion that might result in a negligent discharge and the locking mechanism being extremely prone to locking up in dusty and sandy environments it's just a bad idea for a pack mounted holster.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back