Lost deer antlers

Bummer

I recently returned from a trip from Sonora, Mexico where I harvested a nice mule deer. Unfortunately, American Airlines seems to have lost my antlers on somehow while I was returning home. Does anybody know If it is possible to get a reproduction made based on photos and a few measurements? It’s by far the nicest deer I’ve shot and really would like to see it on my wall.

your username describes your situation.... sorry I just had to but to what you are asking I would think that a taxidermist would be able to make something for ya especially with pictures and measurements.

I think there is a company in Bozeman (?) that makes repos from pics, but I think they need a lot of pictures to make a point cloud. I can't remember the name, but I think a couple guys on here have had them 3d render their antlers. Its pretty amazing what can be reproduced from photos these days.

Bummer.
I hope your name is not Mark since a friend just finished this hunt.
Deer Logde MT has a fella named Pat that does replicas.
Internet search taxidermist in Deer Lodge. It is named Skull Creations or something like that.
Only taxi in town.
That sucks

American Airlines better be footing the bill and some otherwise Id be on the phone with the highest up the chain of American Airlines I could get ahold of .

American Airlines better be footing the bill and some otherwise Id be on the phone with the highest up the chain of American Airlines I could get ahold of .

Agreed. This is uncalled for. Seems pretty obvious someone stole them on their watch. Something like this doesn't just disappear.

Unless the AWOL antler set was a non-typical or had a lot of trash around the bases, you can pick up a real set to be the proxy. As an example, a 180-class set that is a rather symmetrical 4x4 is not that unique nor is a 160 class 4x4 with weak fronts, etc. As for, "yeah, but those are not MY deer's antlers" well a resin set approximated from some photos will not be MY deer's antlers either. The adventure is the trophy and that is why some of our most memorable hunts ended without a kill. As time passes and more adventures are completed then any prior adventure is a bit less special so if you wait a couple of years to decide on whether to have resin antlers made or buy a real set the actual decision may be neither resin nor real.

I'd tell American they're going to need to pay for you to go back and find a suitable replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back