opinion

pabearhunter

What would your opinion be on NR who apply for a license in Montana that have reached the age of 68 or older be guaranteed the license .

Heck no. Your generation already had a leg up on the younger generation with the ability to get in on the ground floor of every preference point scam in the west.

What would your opinion be on NR who apply for a license in Montana that have reached the age of 68 or older be guaranteed the license .

Not only no, but hell no.

You've had 56 years to hunt Montana...put in like anyone else, what makes you more important than anyone else?

Typical baby boomer entitlement attitude...tired of it.

Not only no, but hell no.

You've had 56 years to hunt Montana...put in like anyone else, what makes you more important than anyone else?

Typical baby boomer entitlement attitude...tired of it.

CLAIM DOWN ! It was just an opinion question. I think maybe when you are that age You may have a different look on life !!

CLAIM DOWN ! It was just an opinion question. I think maybe when you are that age You may have a different look on life !!

No, I wont "claim down"...the entitlement attitude needs to stop, and your generation is the worst. You asked the question, not me.

For the record, I absolutely will not change my mind when I get to be 68 years old. I'll accept the fact that I made choices in life and wont be expecting something for nothing. I wont view myself as better or more entitled to anything, including a hunting license in Montana.

No, I wont "claim down"...the entitlement attitude needs to stop, and your generation is the worst. You asked the question, not me.

For the record, I absolutely will not change my mind when I get to be 68 years old. I'll accept the fact that I made choices in life and wont be expecting something for nothing. I wont view myself as better or more entitled to anything, including a hunting license in Montana.

Thank you for your input.

By the way I did not mean it would be GIVEN to them free. They would have to pay for the license.

Montana went through a long process leading up the passage of HB140 in 2015 (new funding for the agency) and they found that free & reduced cost licenses cost the agency roughly $5 million per year. So we did away with most of those in order to bring back some parity between all users. I tend to see the same issues coming forward here.

Montana guarantees non-residents up to 10% of our big game combo licenses and permits. If we want more NR opportunity in Montana, maybe we can look at increasing objectives for elk and building our mule deer herds back up while managing for better age-class structure in certain districts.

I expect a bill to come forward this next session to give NR college kids a break on tags. They tried it last session and we were able to keep it from passing. It's tough to say no to the young and the elderly, but at some point, we should recognize the greater need to ensure parity between all who apply, while continuing to stick it to NR's. ;)

Buzz is correct. I’m 62, don’t want, don’t need, don’t expect any special favors in any regards, not even when I’m 75 or 85. Can we please get over the impulse to show how much we care about Seniors by these type of feel good proposals.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back