Vortex Viper HD 10x42 or Leupold BX-4 10x42

JeffDvorak13

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am torn between these bino's. I have only got to view them in the stores. Can anyone give me their input on which way to go? I will be using these for Pronghorn, Elk, Etc.

Thank you,

I have nothing bad to say about my Vipers. Great piece of glass.

You can search the forums and find this debate ad naseum.

I feel the same way about the vipers. Picked them up last year for Colorado elk hunt and couldn’t be happier. Watched ebay daily for months and got a brand new pair for 400 shipped. Can’t say anything about the Leupold’s since I haven’t used them.

I have a pair of the BX4 Pro Guide HD's in 10x42 and am really happy with them so far, I have only had them for a month though. I was using the BX2 Acadia's in 8x42 and there is a big difference.
If you are looking for BX4's I would keep an eye on Ebay - there are a few pairs in First Lite Fusion for a deal on there.

The leupolds will be much more durable. Go leupold if you dont want to be screwed in the middle of a hunt when you drop your vortex.

I have a pair of the BX4 Pro Guide HD's in 10x42 and am really happy with them so far, I have only had them for a month though. I was using the BX2 Acadia's in 8x42 and there is a big difference.
If you are looking for BX4's I would keep an eye on Ebay - there are a few pairs in First Lite Fusion for a deal on there.

Thank you for letting me know about that smoking deal on Ebay!! I will be ordering a pair today!

Thanks everyone for your input/opinion.

I sell Vortex products and yet I own a pair of BX4 binos. Vortex binos just never seem to fit my eyes very well, the glass and the construction on the Viper and Razor products is very good though.

love my leupold BX-4's, I've spent a decent amount of time behind both, and the glass quality is pretty close to the same as far as I can tell... the leupolds just felt better in my hands and on my face for whatever reason.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back