Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What I Crave

Big Sky

It seems with each passing day, as I get another day older, I seem to crave solitude, or the company of family, or a close friend, more and more. I've never cared much for parties or being in a group type setting. I'm most comfortable on my own or with a small group of people (meaning myself and one or two other people). The only exception being with members of my family. I love family time most of all. However, I find myself extremely anxious for the exit door when attending a party or group function. I'm just not cut out for it. So with all my children and my wife engaged in other activities last Saturday I ran down to the river for a solo trip. I learned a long time ago to enjoy my own company. Frankly, I'm pretty sure there are days where I'm the only one that can stand my company anydangway. The fishing was slower than usual, but I still managed to land 5 trout. It took 5 and half hours to catch those fish. They all came in the last two hours, so for over 3 hours I was just drowning bait. However, the solitude was good for the soul. I didn't have to alter my schedule for anyone. I had no better place to be than on the river. I was able to uncluttered my mind from what the week had thrown at me. I was able to watch bald eagles fly overhead, buffle head and golden eye ducks shuffle around me, and even land a few fish. It's great mind therapy and a whole lot better than paying a shrink. We all have different reasons we enjoy the outdoors, but for me it's where I'm happiest and feel most at home.

Used a self timer...
attachment.php

My two best friends on this trip Mitchell and GLoomis. ;)
attachment.php

I love it when the river gives up a little gold in the form a beautifully marked brown trout. Life is good in Montana!!!
attachment.php

Always love seeing your posts! I grew up fishing the Missouri, I need to make time this year to head over and fish it again. I haven't wet a line since august, have to admit I'm a little jealous!

One of the bst trips I have ever taken was when 2 other guys backed out of the WY CuttSlam and I went on my own. 4 Days of just me and fish. Blissful.

Love it. It's always good to have a little bit of "me" time, especially in a setting such as that.

Alone time or me time, either way some days I'm probably the only one that understands me. So solo trips are a good thing now and then. :)

Peacefulness and stillness are always worthy goals. Chaos is easy to find. I'll see you on the river.
Great post and pics.

It seems with each passing day, as I get another day older, I seem to crave solitude, or the company of family, or a close friend, more and more. I've never cared much for parties or being in a group type setting. I'm most comfortable on my own or with a small group of people (meaning myself and one or two other people). The only exception being with members of my family. I love family time most of all.

Could not agree more with this. In fact I showed my wife and she thinks I wrote it for you. :)

Good to know even you can go many hours at a time not catching a fish; happens to me all the time.

FishN4Eyes, as you know there are far more than just one great honey-hole on that river. :)

What Map, hope to run into you on the river some day.

smarandr, your post really made me smile. Sounds like we are cast from similar molds. :)

I completely agree with you on the value of time spent alone fishing, a few finned visitors are always a nice bonus too. Always, enjoy seeing your fishing adventures on here.

I've always felt that I am my best friend and rarely need anyone else's company in order to have a good time. More people just make for more complications and require too many strokes for my liking; I don't need to be bolstering anyone's ego or self confidence, and that seems to be a problem with most people. My idea of a good companion is one you can spend the afternoon with, rod or gun in hand, and have few words pass between you.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back