Looks like....

...meanwhile viewership is down about 10% overall except in New England...down even more in Philly where fans throw their telebisions at opposing visitors and players.

Last edited:
I respect Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. Tom bought into system when he first arrived in New England and hasn't looked back. Belichick has taken lower round drafts and people no one else wanted and got all pro performance from them. He also makes in game adjustments better then anyone. He is not afraid to say this ain't workin and going to plan B. He reminds me of my favorite coach Dan Gable, he took average Iowa farm kids with work ethic and made them believe they could beat the world, and they often times did.

Or to look at it another way...Maybe with better defense, special teams and O-line coaching the Packers would not have to rely on 1 person to win games for them!

Exactly. Replace Brady with Rodgers in Bill's system and Rodgers would be the G.O.A.T.

Would Brady have the same success that Rodgers has had in GB behind that pathetic o-line with zero running game year in and year out? Doubt it.

Agreed that Rodgers would definitely be the greatest with Bill and the Pats surrounding class.

The refs really screwed the Jags but the NFL needed a Pats win. I can imagine the ratings for an Eagles Jags Super Bowl would not be as good.

I'll be pulling for the Eagles but I doubt they win. If they had Carson Wentz I think they would have a real shot. Carson Wentz by the way seems like a stand up guy. He has a lab and bird hunts

Pats surrounding class? lol Besides Gronk........(which you have all omitted was taken out with an ILLEGAL hit in the game yesterday) Brady has been surrounded by journeymen and average to slightly above average players his whole career. Yes, he did have an aging Randy Moss for a couple years, and look what he did. Set records. Look who Montana was surrounded by for his 4 super bowls. No comparison. Brady has never even had a Tom Rathman for Christ Sake.
Jordy is borderline HOF.
Also, saying Brady is nothing without the Pat's "Sytem" is akin to saying Rodgers is nothing without his super talented arm. It sounds good for your agenda, but just doesn't pan out. You can't compare apples to oranges.
I am no Pats fan, been a Broncos fan my whole life. But I can appreciate greatness when I see it. Brady and Bill are the best at their positions you will see in your lifetime.

Haters be hatin’

Meanwhile I’m enjoying rooting for a team that will be talked about for decades. Go Pats!

Yep..this year the league was mostly made up of mediocre teams. Thank goodness for Patriot football to make things interesting.
There always is bitter disdain towards dynasties. the tide will shift eventually.

Lots of credit being given to Tom. I think the majority of the success is due to Belichick. mtmuley

Pats surrounding class? lol Besides Gronk........(which you have all omitted was taken out with an ILLEGAL hit in the game yesterday) Brady has been surrounded by journeymen and average to slightly above average players his whole career. Yes, he did have an aging Randy Moss for a couple years, and look what he did. Set records. Look who Montana was surrounded by for his 4 super bowls. No comparison. Brady has never even had a Tom Rathman for Christ Sake.
Jordy is borderline HOF.
Also, saying Brady is nothing without the Pat's "Sytem" is akin to saying Rodgers is nothing without his super talented arm. It sounds good for your agenda, but just doesn't pan out. You can't compare apples to oranges.
I am no Pats fan, been a Broncos fan my whole life. But I can appreciate greatness when I see it. Brady and Bill are the best at their positions you will see in your lifetime.

1. Read post #22 and tell me again how many average players and journeymen Brady has had his whole career? I didn't even name the late rounders that Bill drafted or brought in that fit perfectly into their system. Edelman, Troy Brown, Amendola, etc...

2.) No Tom Rathman? James Develin, his current FB is the best in the NFL. He is a probowler so I'm not sure what you are getting at?

3.) Jordy Nelson has had a very good career but he is not even close to being a HOF'er. It's been a struggle to get T.O. into the HOF and you think Jordy Nelson should be in it?

4.) If the Patriots system is not key to Brady's success, why is it that whenever he is suspended or out due to injury, they keep rolling and the backup QB taking his spot looks like a stud? If you don't think Brees, Manning, Rodgers, or Ben wouldn't have the same success or better than him in Bill's system with Bill's defense and special teams you are lying to yourself.

5.) Can't compare Montana to Brady. That my friend is apples to oranges. They played in different generations of football. Can you imagine Brady playing in a time where defenses were able to not only touch the QB, but flat out abuse them along with the receivers? I sure as hell can't. The generation we are watching currently doesn't allow you to breath on an offensive player. Watch a Pats game you will see how easy it is for them to make big plays down the field all game without even having to catch the football. That stuff was non existent in the 80's and 90's so you can't compare those two.

Haters be hatin’

Meanwhile I’m enjoying rooting for a team that will be talked about for decades. Go Pats!

You are right about that. They will be talked about for decades amongst your fellow Patriots fans. It's funny, when people talk about the Bulls for example, about 99% of sports fans agree and admire the dominance they had. Whether you were a Bulls fan or even one of their rivals fans, they still respect them and feel fortunate they were able to watch MJ and their dynasty. No scandals, no stealing of playbooks, no rule changes, no fines, no draft picks lost, no burned tapes...none.

It couldn't be more opposite with the New England Patriots and how the majority of Americans view them.

Tom probably uses lighted nocks.
If hunttalk can't agree on hating the Patriots then we can't expect to agree on anything

He didn't really hurt his hand this week, he was adding a finger in anticipation of the next ring.

Tom-Brady-Six-Fingers-900x505.jpg

Ya, I read it. Like I said, Moss was good....and they set records together. Even when his best days were behind them.
If you think Corey Dillon and Laurence Maroney were "playmakers" I guess we won't ever agree on anything. Ask the average NFL fan if they know who Laurence Maroney is. Lol your reaching, with long arms. Who cares where a guy was drafted? It's what you do in the league that counts. Ryan Leaf anyone?

Welker, Edelman etc, would fit into that "above average" category. They are not great or dominant.. Gronk is.
TO would be in the HOF if he wasn't such an A-Hole. Pretty apparent
Brady caught the tail end of the "real" football era and he's still around . He's better at 40 than the other
99% of guys at 23. Ya you can barely touch the QB now, Brady has thrived in that era. That's not his fault.

Ya, I read it. Like I said, Moss was good....and they set records together. Even when his best days were behind them.
If you think Corey Dillon and Laurence Maroney were "playmakers" I guess we won't ever agree on anything. Ask the average NFL fan if they know who Laurence Maroney is. Lol your reaching, with long arms. Who cares where a guy was drafted? It's what you do in the league that counts. Ryan Leaf anyone?

Welker, Edelman etc, would fit into that "above average" category. They are not great or dominant.. Gronk is.
TO would be in the HOF if he wasn't such an A-Hole. Pretty apparent
Brady caught the tail end of the "real" football era and he's still around . He's better at 40 than the other
99% of guys at 23. Ya you can barely touch the QB now, Brady has thrived in that era. That's not his fault.

Moss's best days behind him? Are you joking? His 1st year with the Patriots he had 23 TD's and 1500 yards. Followed up by two more 1k+ yard seasons and 24 more receiving TD's. He had 50 receiving TD's in 4 years with the Patriots. Best days behind him huh? Defenses had to damn near triple coverage him every play.

Corey Dillon ran for 3,180 yards and 37 TD's in 3 years with New England. Not a playmaker? GTFOH. Dillon was one of the best RB's to ever play and his 12k yards rushing and 82 TD's back it up. What an average player he was.

Laurence Maroney was a stud his first couple seasons scoring 20+ TD's and making big plays as a rookie. He was a vital part of their scheme (hence drafting him in round 1) and a damn good playmaker who's career slid due to injury. Did you even watch them in 2006 though 09?

Wes Welker wasn't dominant? Let's hear about all those other WR's that have had 5 seasons of 110+ receptions on top of 1200 yards or more in a row? If you are selected All-Pro TWICE that means you are dominant. According to you he was "above average"???

The HOF should have nothing to do with your personality. It's about performance. Comparing Jordy Nelson to T.O. performance wise is laughable at best.

If you think Brady would be dominant on a random team in the 80's without Bill and his defense and special teams along with the rules of today's game you are in the minority.

Last edited:
Re : Moss-Exactly.... you don't think Brady had anything to do with that? ROTFL
You can "what if" all you want. The NFL is not about "what ifs" it's about results.
Brady has 3 times as many playoff wins as Rodgers. 3 times. 5 times the rings. Not even in the same galaxy.
Rodgers is one behind Joe Flacco
Who's Brady without Bill? We will never know.
Who's Montana without Walsh?
Rodgers without McCarthy?
Brady being dominant in the 80's is speculation, and a matter of opinion.
If you think he's not dominant in the modern area, you would be in the minority .

Colin Cowherd said it best in a recent video. The Pats are a system, it works don't change it. They are not flashy they don't have stupid nicknames like sacksonville, they win games and it works. I dislike the Pats but it is hard not to respect what they have done as an organization. I think both Bill and Brady have big contributions to why.

But talent alone I will say I believe Rodgers is more talented than Brady. Rings do not determine talent for a single player on a team sport. Look at Romo and his stats no one gives the guy credit because he throws a pick at the worst time possible. He was a talented QB. I think Rodgers in that system they would just as many rings as Brady. I may be a bit biased as a Packer fan. I just hate seeing my team waste one of the greatest QB career's by poor choices and not surrounding him with the proper team.

Re : Moss-Exactly.... you don't think Brady had anything to do with that? ROTFL
You can "what if" all you want. The NFL is not about "what ifs" it's about results.
Brady has 3 times as many playoff wins as Rodgers. 3 times. 5 times the rings. Not even in the same galaxy.
Rodgers is one behind Joe Flacco
Who's Brady without Bill? We will never know.
Who's Montana without Walsh?
Rodgers without McCarthy?
Brady being dominant in the 80's is speculation, and a matter of opinion.
If you think he's not dominant in the modern area, you would be in the minority .

Don't like facts do you? Nothing more to say about those average players I gave stats on? It's apparent you don't follow football very closely. All pros are average to you and RBs that put up big time numbers are not playmakers...and Jordy Nelson is borderline HOF with literally HALF the stats in all major categories as a guy struggling to get in. Nice.

I'm case you failed to read each post in this thread which is obvious, not once did I compare Rodgers, Brees, Manning, or Ben's stats or rings to Brady. Not once. I simply stated all of those guys would be just as successful if not more successful than Brady had they spent their career in Bills system with his defense and special teams. Again, why is it when Brady is suspended or injured they don't miss a beat and his backups come in and play lights out? Why is that? It's simple. Bill.

No way in hell would Brady have 5 rings if he was on a random team in the 80s. He has been able to play longer because of today's rules. He never gets touched in today's game. You don't think some of the stars of the 80s and 90s could have played until they were 40 if they had today's rules? Come on.

Brady is good but he owes his G.O.A.T talk to the system that Bill created.

Also, not that I really care but Rodgers has the same amount of rings as Joe Flacco. He is not 1 behind. You could at least have correct info if you are going to try an use it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back