Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming Unit W

js2397

Last year was my first western hunt, an antelope hunt near Wheatland. This year I have my sites set on a mule deer. I am a principal at a school and can only get away during our fall break, October 6-14. Unit W seems interesting to me and I wondered if anyone could provide any insight into the unit. I have 0 points and 0 mule deer experience, but I have killed plenty of whitetail in my 29 years of hunting them in Indiana.

Welcome aboard. You can use Gohunt Insider...great tool. Call the area game wardens and wildlife biologist. Also local sporting good stores and area taxidermists.

Sounds good, I have contacted some area principals. Educators are usually a tight group and willing to help each other. They are working to connect me with some of the hunting teachers.

82 is a good place to start, I recommend having an atv there. Any rain or snow and the roads get pretty slimy. You should be able to draw the tag with 0 points if you put in the special draw.

82 is a good place to start, I recommend having an atv there. Any rain or snow and the roads get pretty slimy. You should be able to draw the tag with 0 points if you put in the special draw.

Thanks, I figured it would have to be special draw. I will keep the atv in mind also.

The Random for W last year had 1219 tags and 574 first choice applicants for a 20% draw. The Special Random it sounds like you're going to put in for had 79 tags and 100 first choice applicants, so 79% is a lot better chance at going hunting on your break. Good luck!

The Random for W last year had 1219 tags and 574 first choice applicants for a 20% draw. The Special Random it sounds like you're going to put in for had 79 tags and 100 first choice applicants, so 79% is a lot better chance at going hunting on your break. Good luck!

Thanks, hopefully it will workout for me.

Maybe my math is fuzzy, but 574 hunters applying for 1,219 tags has 100+% odds...

I hunt W a lot and will shoot you a PM.

But yes you have a chance with 0 points in the special. The random not so much. 1 point is way better. Also be aware that the special deer is up over $600 now. A lot of money.

BTW I am a shop teacher in Colorado.

I hunt W a lot and will shoot you a PM.

But yes you have a chance with 0 points in the special. The random not so much. 1 point is way better. Also be aware that the special deer is up over $600 now. A lot of money.

BTW I am a shop teacher in Colorado.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back