Wyoming Unit 40

Staver

I know the draw odds are pretty slim for a NR draw, but anyone have any thoughts or inputs on that area? Success rates look fairly good and it has a lot of public land.

Would also help if we knew how many PPs you have for the 2018 draw to see what the odds were last year with that PP total.

I spend a lot of time in that unit, rifle or archery?

Archery only. On GoHunt draw odds for zero points is only about 4% but if I don’t get lucky I’ll at least get the point and there’s always a chance. Applying in Montana, Colorado and Idaho as well so I’m not going to be too disappointed if I don’t get it. I thought Area 40 would be good due to the odds and the limited number of tags issued for that area.

Archery only. On GoHunt draw odds for zero points is only about 4% but if I don’t get lucky I’ll at least get the point and there’s always a chance. Applying in Montana, Colorado and Idaho as well so I’m not going to be too disappointed if I don’t get it. I thought Area 40 would be good due to the odds and the limited number of tags issued for that area.

IMHO if you draw a tag for 40-9 you had better start playing power ball if you aren't already. The G&F website draw odds show there is no way you'll draw in either of the PP Draws, as last year it took at least 6 PPs. Then if you look at the two Random Draws there was only 1 tag available in each of those and each had 25 applicants for that 4% chance that you mentioned. Yes, I guess as long as there is a tag in the Random Draw again this year you do have a chance, as you stated.

Last edited:
His odds for drawing the random tag are a hell of a lot better than mine are for winning the elk super tag on one ticket. If I connect on that I'll be taking about four weeks vacation and buying Buzz all the beer he wants.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back