MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming Unit 38 Type 9 plus Cutthroat Trout

Hit Man

Settling in on a Wyoming Unit 38 Type 9 application for 2018. Also, local state wildlife biologist says that the North Tongue River is a blue ribbon trout stream. Now I just need to get in shape and learn all about how to call in a bull elk. Never elk hunted, but this looks like a good place to start. My wife got me a Vortex 27x60x85 spotting scope for Christmas, and I'm looking forward to using in the high country of 38. If anyone has hunted in 38 recently, and has any info or tips, please PM me. Thanks. Hit Man

Have never hunted there but drove through that country a few years ago. They give out a lot of tags but it's a good unit.

You might want to consider doing 1 or 2 otc archery hunts before you burn your points on that tag. I've hardly archery elk hunted at all but it's damn tough and most guys don't shoot anything the first year or 2 or 3. If you did a couple otc hunts and gained some experience, your odds of success in 38 would be a whole lot higher.

Fun hunt, stay away from the holiday weekend its a zoo.

I took my bull to Valley Meats in Dayton, they where incredible

I called the biologist there as I was looking at that unit. You better have some points or a back up plan. like a 2% draw odd but she said it is a great unit and its actually harder to draw T9 than rifle. Good luck though.

I called the biologist there as I was looking at that unit. You better have some points or a back up plan. like a 2% draw odd but she said it is a great unit and its actually harder to draw T9 than rifle. Good luck though.

The G&F biologist for that unit is a man, so maybe you talked to the gal from Greybull? If so, you may want to talk to the biologist out of the Sheridan Regional Office.

ClearCreek

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back