Randy's new rifle

CaseyM

This is a place to speculate/start rumors on what Randy's new rifle will be since the Alpine Mountian Rifle is discontinued. Randy has mentioned in other posts that he with be getting a new prototype rifle with 26'' barrel and it will be lighter than expected.

I bet that it's still a short action. Randy has said that he doesn't need or want a "big whopper banger" and he HATES muzzle breaks. Plus long actions just adds weight.

Hopefully, this new rifle has the same stock as the old Alpine Mountain Rifle minus the detachable mag or carbon fiber stock. Possibly fluttled the barrel and bolt to shave weight. #1 or #2 barrel and fingers crossed its cerekoted.

Let the rumors begin!

Sounds like a Nula, Proof Research, or Christensen Arms rifle to me.

Any way you look at it, it will be out of my price range. Even if it is still a Howa.
Wish him well with it though.

There's a nice picture of Randy with a walnut stocked Webley and Scott on their catalog. Maybe he's going traditional...

Other than a few FPS faster and more added weight what’s the advantage of this rifle?

Other than a few FPS faster and more added weight what’s the advantage of this rifle?

More FPS faster. Not for everybody, but some folks enjoy making bullets go as fast as possible. Weight? Who cares? Some folks like a rifle that has enough weight to accurately shoot a long way. mtmuley

Is anybody on here interested in what, let's just say for discussion sake, VASpeedgoat, would choose for a new rifle??...............

Is anybody on here interested in what, let's just say for discussion sake, VASpeedgoat, would choose for a new rifle??...............

Yes, but only because he should be helping his ma get better and not buying new rifles.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back