Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Looking for wool gear doesn't have to be name brand, can even be VERY used!

bigdonniebrasco

2 years ago Blake on here sold me some really cool FirstLite gear. It was well worn, but I really love it, and would like to start acquiring some more. Unfortunately after losing my job, this summer AND suffering a house fire in July, new wool hunting gear is WAY down on the list of "necessities".

Our house was rebuilt, and I have a new job, so I am not laying a sob story on you guys to try and take advantage of all the great people on here. If you happen to have any old wool base layer, mid layer or anything at all, I'd be happy to buy it from you!!

I am 5'10" 190 athletic-ish build for 51 years old.

Thanks a lot!!

Don

FWIW, try amazon. there is often some deals on there. I picked up long sleeve merino wool icebreaker for $9.99 last summer.

Terramar is what I have for base layers and got them really cheap a few years ago. Also ebay is really cheap. You can buy wool shirts, sweaters, and t shirts pretty cheap. It may be a designer sweater but who cares if its supposed to be formal wear. ITry military surplus stuff from sportsmans guide. There is usually wool dress pants from germany or something. I think its like $20 for three pairs. Base layer bottoms may be harder to come by. Just find wool ebay t shirts for baselayer tops.

Thanks guys!! I agree with eBay and Amazon. I have gotten some good deals on Minus33 wool on both sites.

My wife is going to start hunting with me this year as well, so I will be getting her a new .243 and all new gear from boots up! $$$

+1 with Speedgoat. Keep an eye on Sportsman Guide military stuff, but be patient. GoreTec rain gear $20, new. Light weight desert camo military blouses 3/ $15, un-issued, Mickey Mouse boots $ 29.........

There's plenty of wool as well.

Terramar is what I have for base layers and got them really cheap a few years ago. Also ebay is really cheap. You can buy wool shirts, sweaters, and t shirts pretty cheap. It may be a designer sweater but who cares if its supposed to be formal wear. ITry military surplus stuff from sportsmans guide. There is usually wool dress pants from germany or something. I think its like $20 for three pairs. Base layer bottoms may be harder to come by. Just find wool ebay t shirts for baselayer tops.

I got some Terramar stuff from Sierra Trading Post a year or so ago for basically nothing. They also have close out Sitka stuff on there sometimes as well. Definitely worth a look!

Terramar is pretty good stuff, but I believe it is synthetic...at least my base layers form them are. Merino is so dang expensive that it is hard to justify at times...but I do have a few on hand.

Terramar is pretty good stuff, but I believe it is synthetic...at least my base layers form them are. Merino is so dang expensive that it is hard to justify at times...but I do have a few on hand.

You are correct in that most of their stuff is synthetic or blended. The particular stuff I got was merino and I found it on sierra trading post.

Back