Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Colorado Unit 62 or 70

upchurch_k

If you were going to take your dad and uncle, both 60 years old, on a rifle hunt, which unit would you choose and why? Little bit of info, my uncle has hip and back problems so long, serious hikes probably aren't going to happen. So we're looking for good road access, I'm not real hopeful that we will connect on a bull but we're going more for the experience, none of us have seen or heard an elk in the wild. Any input on these 2 units would be greatly appreciated.

Dad (68) and I hunted 70 and after 5 days when we were getting back to truck at 9pm elk were 100 yrd from us. Dad was done and we didnt go back in morning. The trouble we had was elk knew boundry for private and stayed there. Cool to look at hundreds of elk but next time i am going were private is miles away so they cant just be safe on home base. Dad was having problems with balance so we didnt use horses we got cause he was eating raw almonds and they coat them with something. He is off the raw almonds and no problem with balance now. We would use horses to make it easier if did again but looking at lower and other states to find a place that would be better for dad.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back