Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hello from Very Southwest Montana

Old Ranger

Hello Folks,

I have gotten on and read the Hunt Talk Forum for well over a year or so. I've now decided to join and perhaps give some of my perspectives on different subjects that have held great discussions amongst the Members. As well as respectively sharing some of my thoughts and experiences from time to time. While also learning from all of you through our shared passions and appreciations for the outdoors, the animals and birds, the landscapes, and memories we create now and those past that we hold within us. I appreciate the support and friendliness the forum members overall show each other. And the humor......Sometimes a bit biting and dry! My personal opinion is that hunting, fishing, the outdoors, and all of it shared with others and at times experienced alone. All connects people together in ways that you don't perhaps see in other aspects and trails of Life's Journey. I value that. I respect the efforts and passions for our Public Lands, wildlife, and outdoor heritages as expressed in the Forum and demonstrated on the ground by many of the Members.

I am 62 years old and was born in Livingston Montana. The Montana of my youth in the late 60's and early'70s is gone but I greatly value the opportunities and the experiences I was a part of. I have hunted and fished since I was a small boy. Wild Places, Big Mountains, and the Rolling Prairies still hold me. My professional career in Natural Resource Management with the Federal Government started as a seasonal employee in 1975. I retired 1n 2015. The majority of my career was spent in locations within Montana with other assignments in Idaho and the Southwest. My assignments were both as a Resource Manager as well as a Line Officer. The Hunt Talk Forum resonates with me on many different levels and areas.

Thanks for the opportunity.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back