Spend time while you can.

choc dogs

Just found out my father, at age 89, passed away tonight. It's ok, and not unexpected, but nobody is ever really ready. My dad was my first hunting, fishing and outdoor mentor, and the last of a group of men including uncles, my grandfather, and dad's navy friend who taught me what being a man is about. If you can, spend some time around campfires with those in your life who matter, be they family or friends, older or younger, male or female. And don't forget good dogs too. Y'all enjoy life, it passed quickly.

Condolences.
My Dad has been gone for 12 years. I would love to have one more hunt with him.

I'm sorry for your loss. I know the day is coming, where I will experience the same thing, and like you my dad is the last one of a group or my grandpa and great uncles that taught me to hunt, fish and be a man. Once again sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss....It sounds like you had a great time with him while he was here.

So sorry for your loss. Hold your family and friends closely and those fond memories of your Dad even closer in the coming days. After my Dad passed away two years ago, I value my time in the outdoors with friends and family even more.

thoughts and prayers with you choc dogs , my dads 76 , not looking forward to that day, he too like almost all of you was the one who taught me to love and respect the outdoors, not sure how many hunts i have left with him, so very thankful for the last few years we've been able to chase elk and deer together

IMG_6984.jpg

Last edited:
Man I am sorry. Like other guys have said already, my dad’s getting up there too. He’s the only guy I’ve ever hunted with.

I'm sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family. It sounds like you were blessed with a great dad.

Sorry for your loss. I’m not looking forward to the day I get to deal with it. Dads who take thier kids outdoors will always hold a special place in the heart.

So sorry for your loss. You are absolutely correct saying spend as much time as you can with your loved ones while you have them. I lost my parents at a relatively young age and to this day I have many regrets I didn't spend more time with them.

Sorry for the loss of your dad, I lost my dad and best friend several years ago. I still want to here his voice everyday, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

My condolences. Going through the same process here, dad passed over the holidays. It may be trite, but I find some comfort in the reminder that if it hurts it is because you lost something wonderful so try to focus on the flipside, how blessed you were to have so many great times outdoors with dad.

Never easy regardless what dates are on the headstone. Lost my father when I was 19 (he was 44) and mom is getting up there but thankful for our time together.

Sorry for your loss. It seems that you made great use of time you did have. Live in memories for years. Both my parents have been gone for years and I still find myself dialing the phone for a chat. Feel stupid and good.

Back