Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bow Hiking in Arizona Coues territory

double_a85

Spent last week with my brother and a buddy hunting Southern Arizona chasing javelina and coues deer. Saw lots of deer, a few bucks... but dang are those things flighty! You guys that are able to connect with them year in and year out with a bow gotta be some of the best bowhunters out there. Javelina were a little easier, but it just took us too long to figure them out before we had to head back to Montana. My buddy was able to fill his javelina tag, and my brother and I had a couple small windows that we didn't trust the shot on. That country was amazing to sit and glass, but hiking through it was hell on the ankles, knees, and hips with all those rocks hidden in the grass.

This was our first nonresident, out of Montana hunting experience and we are hooked on Southern Arizona. Thanks Randy, for putting information out there on how "easy" hunting out of state can be.... we will be making another trip south in a few years.

"easy", I like it. Went down there two years ago for mulies in January, I need to go back.

I can certainly identify, I did some rifle hiking last month down there. Neat place, and a very unique type of hunt IMO.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back