Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wy Bison

Dieseldog

Anyone else on here have a WY Bison tag this year? I have a cow tag and sounds like they have not moved yet. Coming down to crunch time. I really hope they move as i want a freezer full of young cow more than any meat I can think of.

I can't decide if I'm going to apply this year or not. I'd hate to pay close to 3k for a cow tag, and run the risk of the bison not even migrating over during season.

Can't believe they haven't moved down yet, we had both of our cows down in subsequent years by Jan. 5.
Snow coming this Saturday and Sunday hopefully they will move for you.
We found my cow last year from a group we spotted along the Kelly Rd moving onto the refuge above the town of Kelly. They were in range the next morning for a decent hike up the draw on a plowed rd.
Are you guided? I have some advice on hunting spots and walkin spots on the refuge. They are well known but worked for us.
Keep talking with the Jackson office and GW Stephens.

We watched the Kelly , Wy webcam to see when they got close to the Kelly RD then made our plans to go hunt accordingly.
https://www.alltripcams.com/jackson_hole_wyoming/kelly_wy.php

Hope it works out for you as they taste great. We've had a 7 1/2 yr old cow and a 4 1/w yr old cow and both were excellent. Matts meats does a good job in Jackson but we aged our own and cut ourselves. Pretty cool to see those big quarters hanging.
Hoping for the best for you.

I am going with Ralph. There have been 21 bulls shot but zero cows. Last I heard a small herd had started moving but not sure how far away they are. My bags are packed. All I gotta do is grab and go. It's getting down to the nitty-gritty now.

Wytex. Tried to pm ya but ur box is full.. If you want to share info you can pm me. Thanks

I'm headed to Jackson on Sunday. I know i won't kill one in ND so I may as well go to Jackson and see what happens.

Does the gov't shutdown affect your hunt ? You need to call the Wyoming GW, Jon Stephens, and find out. A federal warden is on duty during the hunt on the refuge.

I haven't heard that it will affect anything. Will find out tommorow I guess. It may just open up a few million acres up north that aren't patrolled now. Hahahahahha

I keep checking this thread, hoping that someone is going to post a photo! C'mon guys. Help a guy live vicariously through you since I wasn't ever lucky enough to draw the tag and am now priced out of the WY bison draws.

Got it done this morning. The bison moved on last night after dark. They started to move about an hr before dark and we figured where they went they would run out of room and grt pinched by 2 roads. And would then dump over across the river. They had crossed within an hr after dark last night. They had moved along ways across the refuge when we caught up to em this morning. We got 2 cows in my group. The guy with me shot first one and I got the 2nd one. From what we were told those are the first 2 cows killed this year. It was awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back