Oprah 2020??

beginnerhunter

Anybody know her stance on public lands? I'm a little concerned she wouldn't be very pro-hunter. Just wondering what HT thinks.

I know she keeps advertising some new weight loss program maybe it has some elk and game recipies...lol

Chris

My guess - pro public lands - anti-hunting - anti-guns - anti-2nd amendment. Unfortunately, those who like all 4 seem to be few and far between these days.

Last edited:
My guess - pro public lands - anti-hunting - anti-guns - anti-2nd amendment. Unfortunately, those who like all 4 seem to be few and far away these days.

You're absolutely right. Political polarization has made people cater their own beliefs to fit a political system. I'm not so naive as to think one party or philosophy is going to solve all the country's problems. As a conservative who loves public lands and happens to work for the federal government, I actually prefer divided government where there is a check on power. Sure, it means that progress is stalled sometimes, but it also keeps one party from having free rein over the system and throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

I am interested in hearing her opinion on public lands, hunting, 2nd amendment, etc. and I hope somebody asks her during the election. Especially because I think she will win if she runs.

You just described an average Democrat.

That's an over simplification. Depending on who you talk to of either major party it is a real mixed bag across the 4 (or maybe 3 if you combine guns/2nd amend), but unfortunately for HTalkers, we need all of them to do what we enjoy.

I think she would be much more liberal than Obama.

"You get free healthcare...You get free college....you get... some money!"

I think if she ran, she would win.

I also think she would be very similar to Obama in terms of policy.

Agree and disagree, she probably wouldn’t win but would probably be similar to Obama in policy. Enough of a reason for me to support her enthusiastically. Not sure my long term health and sanity can tolerate what we we got now.

You just described an average Democrat.

Maybe an average person from NYC regardless of party affiliation just because public lands have nothing to do with their reality and everyday life, but your average CO dem, MT dem, ID dem, or WY dem is probably pro public lands, pro hunting for meat but anti "trophy hunting, which they associate with Cecil", likely pro guns to be used in hunting/sport but against "assault rifles" which in their mind is a black gun, and pro -2nd amendment but just interpret it differently than you do.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back