Rods and Rucksacks in New Zealand - a fishing adventure

devon deer

I thought this might of interest, not just to us 'fluff chuckers' but also to anyone thinking of visiting New Zealand.

It's my best friends son and his future wife, on a 23 month long adventure in New Zealand, i taught him to fly fish when he was a kid, 10 years ago i took him with me on a 2 week fly fishing trip to Montana, it would appear that his love of fly fishing and the mountains has stuck with him.
It is all self-guided, he is one lucky chap.
One report i thought was amusing, they hiked a long way to fish a piece of river he had researched, but he had been beaten to it......by an American!

https://rodsandrucksacks.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheers

Richard

Richard,
A trip to NZ for some fly fishing is definitely on my bucket list. This looks like an epic adventure. When are you and Kath going to make a similar trip to NZ?

Richard,
A trip to NZ for some fly fishing is definitely on my bucket list. This looks like an epic adventure. When are you and Kath going to make a similar trip to NZ?

Maybe we will visit, its on our list but its such a long way and I hate long haul.
However, bonefish/tarpon might be on the agenda this year, just need to find the funds.
BTW Silvie in the blog has just caught her first fish with a fly rod!
Cheers
Richard

New report up, they have done some great hikes back into the wilderness, sounds like they had a strength sapping hike on one day! He has started his south island fishing adventure.
Cheers
Richard

I spent 4 months hitchhiking and hiking the south island in 1986. It was one of the most awesome experiences in my life. My Wife and I spent one month in a camper van during our Honeymoon in 1998, also one of the most awesome experiences.

Back