Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bobcats- lets see 'em

wytex

Nearly a miss on this nice bobcat. We pulled out some old longspring traps for this set and the spouse made a nice catch on the set. Looking forward to what the week brings in the traps.
We lost our ranch trapper and mentor to cancer a few years back and he is sorely missed.
Forrest we still have lots to learn, but thanks for the start we miss you man !!!

DSCN1270 (1024x768).jpgDSCN1271 (1024x768).jpg

Nice cat. For the time being bobcats are still on the endangered species list for Ohio but I think that will change in a matter of a few years. More and more people are reporting sightings and trail camera photos of them. Trapping a bobcat is definitely on my "to do" list.

Edit: Actually just checked and it looks like Ohio has removed them from the list but no season on them yet.

Last edited:
Sorry , should have put a graphic disclaimer on the thread for those whom do not enjoy trapping pics.

Good luck on your season up there. Our cats should be worth a decent price even this year. Had a well established trapper tell us it should bring a little over $300, we'll see.
Hoping it is the first of a few for this late winter.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A beautiful young female we sent on her way
attachment.php

Same set as the second picture I posted just a different year. I don't know what it is about this spot but cats like it. Each year I have caught them with a dirt hole targeting coyotes. Nothing flashy about it
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Very cool to see all the variances in fur and color.
Brockel that's a nice big cat 40+ inches or you're only 3 ft tall, lol. Did you use a catch pole to release the female?

Keep posting 'em.

Very cool to see all the variances in fur and color.
Brockel that's a nice big cat 40+ inches or you're only 3 ft tall, lol. Did you use a catch pole to release the female?

Keep posting 'em.

I'm 6'2". It was a big one. Ya just a catch pole to release. Same way I dispatch

Brockel,

What criteria do you use to catch and release.

Breeding female? Too young, or just to damn cute? Or, the cute little girl you at holding asked you to?

Beautiful pictures and a great way to spend the winters.

Thank you.

Brockel,

What criteria do you use to catch and release.

Breeding female? Too young, or just to damn cute? Or, the cute little girl you at holding asked you to?

Beautiful pictures and a great way to spend the winters.

Thank you.

All females and this years male kittens get sent on their way

Back