Non res father son antelope diy hunt info ?

Just found this site , We are wanting to come down to Wyoming Oct . Your guys regulations stuff is like reading greek to me . With no points where does a guy look to find areas to hunt , ill even pay trespass fees . I just don't know where the heck to start lol Thanks for the look.

Here's another good place to start: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Hunt-Planner/Antelope/Antelope-Map

Click on units on the map and select the "more info" option. There you can click the drawing odds tab and see what kind of points it takes for each tag in the unit. You can develop a pretty good idea this way on what's easier to draw. GoHunt would be this on steroids, albeit with a price tag.

I'm going to be a first timer as well, but will say that you should be able to figure out the Wyoming website quite easily. Just check out the map that Togiegoat posted and click on some areas that you think you might want to try. You'll be able to click "more info" after that to get draw odds from last year. If you don't have any points, though, you should look more towards the units that have less BLM land because your draw odds will be better.

Wyoming Fish and Game website has some good info, particularly previous years draw results. I can't speak for the quality of hunt in a unit with 0 pts, but if you end up with 3 or so pts, you can get in a pretty dang good unit with very high success. On another note, once you find your unit, get a paper map, Onx Maps, and google earth and do as much e-scouting as you can. Good luck.

What I would suggest is finding a unit to get doe tags. You can get 2 in the draw and 4 total each if they are available. The tags are much cheaper and will get you out west to get your feet wet in the hunting. Plus, you get some awesome meat if you score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back