Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Recipe for disaster, or.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record to clarify. By “hump up to the counter” I meant waking up to the display case, leaning on it, putting your elbows on the glass like you are ready to talk to someone. In no way did I mean anything remotely close to something sexual.
I have never visited Sportsman's Warehouse, leaned on a display case, or spoke with anybody, ever. Neither has my son. If i were wanting to ask about guns, I'd ask somebody with more than a firing brain cell and a minimum wage job.

Last edited:
Thanks Dad

Great insight.

I was just posting what I’ve been up to in the garage and what’s his name once again decided to highjack my thread, be a jerk, then turn into a bigger one when I stood my ground.

I’ve been nothing but helpful to people on this site. I’d tell you who, but most don’t post anymore because of the same reason why I’m probably done too.

Ah geez

Thanks Dad

Great insight. I’ll be sure to use your advice.

I was just posting what I’ve been up to in the garage and what’s his name once again decided to highjack my thread, be a jerk, then turn into a bigger one when I stood my ground.

I’ve been nothing but helpful to people on this site. I’d tell you who, but most don’t post anymore because of the same reason why I’m probably done too.

Varget is an excellent powder, worth a try also.

Attachments

• D142D965-6E4A-4913-A8E7-C3C5966C32B1.jpg
    D142D965-6E4A-4913-A8E7-C3C5966C32B1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Stubaby,
Thank you very much for the picture. That helped me greatly!
And showed me i need to buy the new Hornady book.

If your looking for a little more ompf, try the RL17.

My go to for low ES/SD is Power Pro 2000.
140gr. Berger VLD Hunting 2,836 fps ES 7, SD2 over 20 shots.

“Recipe for disaster” was a joke that was answered by referring to the dead elk, deer, and paper targets those bullets will be headed to, not the ammunition not working properly. I should have said “recipe for carnage and instant death on ungulates” but I didn’t.

The eldx bullets are very long and slim to the ogive. That allows them to be further down the barrel when the bore and headspace is measured. I like to have the bullets just off the lands. Unfortunately the magazines these days don’t give you the space to have your overall length that you found and your round won’t fit unless you just load one at a time from the top and close the bolt. So I continued to seat the bullet deeper till they could fit in the magazine. Loaded 5 rounds with 43, 5 with 43.5, 44, and it seemed to like the 44 the best. I’d like to try the H4350 even though they are very similar, but for what I’m going to use this rifle for I’m good. I’m sure a 26” heavy barreled custom rifle would shoot better, but I’m not going to pack it around.

You have a lot of learning to do...

Hey buzz, no kidding.

I bought my tumbler, press, and trimmer just before Christmas. Thanks for pointing that out.

At this point the fact that Ive gotten this far with 4 kids, wife, career, scout leader, ect is pretty darn good.

The fact that they all go boom and hit a clay pigeon at 300 yards is a big step for me. I’m trying to give the rest of my fellow novices a glimpse at my process and progression as a hand loader and to let them know that even thow it’s intimidating and the final product is always a work in process——-fun can be had and things can be done that you otherwise thought was only for the “other guy” to do.

Thanks for adding sone deep insight to this already high-jacked thread.

Here the 7mag info for those who have asked for it. I’m going to try the 162 first. Both the 162 and 175 will hit like a truck after only seeing what the 143 does from a .264 caliber.

Attachments

• 75A6B0E4-FCCB-4744-84EB-B80F193300C4.jpg
    75A6B0E4-FCCB-4744-84EB-B80F193300C4.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Could you please so kind to post the 208gr 30 cal data? Don’t make me go to sportsman’s..

Sure. You were a little vague over which .308 cal you wanted but there’s the new cartridge they just came up with.

As you can see it’s a little on the “slow” side of things.

Nobody at sportsman’s gets paid enough to be told how dumb they are by the local meathead who never buys anything......just asks for a factory rifle to hold as an icebreaker in order to butter them up so he can then belittle them and beat his chest.

Attachments

• F561244E-5367-4635-AB7D-247FE3B90C4A.jpg
    F561244E-5367-4635-AB7D-247FE3B90C4A.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 349
Boy - that 300 dbag IS slow. Will you put one together for me? I’ve never held a factory rifle at sportsman’s..ever. A nice girl helped me try on shoes once though.

Thanks again for your sponsorship. I will not let you down.

Last edited:
Tired of it guys. Take your playground shit somewhere else. This is not the forum for the jabbing, picking, and other crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back