Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Recipe for disaster, or.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubaby

Dead elk, deer, or just plain fun. My Howa kuiu 7mm-08 likes my load so I just made 50. 150 grain eldx, 44 grains of imr 4350, Nosler brass.

Time to go chrono......it’s crazy how much this will do in regards to killing stuff compared to the 7mm Remington Mag only with 44 grains of powder. Recoil difference is very noticeable. Feels like I’m shooting my 6.5 creedmoor and it’s a 20” thin barrel.

Attachments

• 20784D3C-F94A-4E49-AB09-41DCBC586EEA.jpg
    20784D3C-F94A-4E49-AB09-41DCBC586EEA.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 710
That ought to do the trick. It's a good feeling when you get a load that your rifle likes and many of mine have involved IMR 4350. I used 44 grains of it behind a 160 accubond this year. 3/4" groups again and again.

Where did you find load data for the 150gr. ELDX?

I bought a box to use in 7mm-08 and 284 Win. Checked Hornady's site last nite again. Still no load data.
My 284 loves the 162gr but looking for more velocity.

Have you fine tuned the load already? I usually won't load that many at one time until I'm completely done with development and am satisfied with velocity and longer range groups.

In the Hornady book. Max load is 45 grains. It’s shoots great.

The guy in the white shirt from what I’ve been told by many of my friends and customers who live in Bozeman is a rendering of how the staff at Sportsman’s Warehouse at the gun counter and hunting dept feel inside when Kurt and his kid hump up to the gun counter to “tell them how it is!!!”

Attachments

• 678D894E-833F-42A8-8860-3D800CAB97DD.jpg
    678D894E-833F-42A8-8860-3D800CAB97DD.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 703
  • 63BAEB27-0B1E-4362-8C14-996E07002EBC.jpg
    63BAEB27-0B1E-4362-8C14-996E07002EBC.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 592
Last edited:
In the Hornady book. Max load is 45 grains. It’s shoots great.

The guy in the white shirt from what I’ve been told by many of my friends and customers who live in Bozeman is a rendering of how the staff at Sportsman’s Warehouse at the gun counter and hunting dept feel inside when Kurt and his kid hump up to the gun counter to “tell them how it is!!!”

Dude leave the kids out of your nonsense.

What a difference a week in handloading makes. Second not using the kid reference. mtmuley

Last edited:
I’m just the messenger. You don’t have to be old to be a condescending jerk. I’ve only asked Kurt multiple times to never post on one of my threads.

The “troll” apple doesn’t fall far from the tree!!!

I've never once had a conversation ever with anybody at the gun counter at sportsman's warehouse - doubt my son has either.

Thanks for your sponsorship. It's really like a dream come true.

Last edited:
Don’t get mad at me because your reputation proceeds you.

I’ve akready posted a three shot group at 100. I’m good. Besides, you are the last person I’d ever ask advise from.

I’ve asked you to stop posting on my threads or referencing me in any others. Now you are threatening me via PM. What part of go away haven’t you understood the last 10-15 times I’ve asked you.

Seriously, beat it. Get a life. The only thing that matters to me is that you leave me alone and stop trolling me.

Threatened you? Wow. You have thinner skin than an earthworm.

Good luck with cloverleaf and your 100 yard benchmarks.

As to the reloading....I've been at this chit for going on 31 years and I still don't have it figured out.

But, what I did learn long ago, is that groups at 100 yards don't mean a whole lot...its a starting line, not the finish line.

Could post up some examples...but fear it would be a waste of my time.

Last edited:
I don't have the reloading stuff figured out either, thankfully I've friends who help me along that do really know it well.

The cloverleaf "recipe for disaster" infomercial sure is making the rounds on social media. I would guess maybe the bullet puller might be a good throw in add-on for new customers.

As for threatening somebody, if "next time you're in bozeman visiting all your friends, look me up" is threatening... man.. guys got some ultra sissiness issues to deal with.

The only threat I have of "next time you're in Bozeman look me up"...is suffering from a hang-over the next day.

“Recipe for disaster” was a joke that was answered by referring to the dead elk, deer, and paper targets those bullets will be headed to, not the ammunition not working properly. I should have said “recipe for carnage and instant death on ungulates” but I didn’t.

The eldx bullets are very long and slim to the ogive. That allows them to be further down the barrel when the bore and headspace is measured. I like to have the bullets just off the lands. Unfortunately the magazines these days don’t give you the space to have your overall length that you found and your round won’t fit unless you just load one at a time from the top and close the bolt. So I continued to seat the bullet deeper till they could fit in the magazine. Loaded 5 rounds with 43, 5 with 43.5, 44, and it seemed to like the 44 the best. I’d like to try the H4350 even though they are very similar, but for what I’m going to use this rifle for I’m good. I’m sure a 26” heavy barreled custom rifle would shoot better, but I’m not going to pack it around.

For the record to clarify. By “hump up to the counter” I meant waking up to the display case, leaning on it, putting your elbows on the glass like you are ready to talk to someone. In no way did I mean anything remotely close to something sexual.

Also for the record I still want 100% nothing to do with Greenhorn and his hijacking of threads. I would like to have him Never post on my threads ever again. If I’m so thin skinned as he keeps telling me then why can’t he just go his own way and I go mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back