Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Phone Skope Questions

Coop

I'm toying around with the idea of getting a Phone Skope with some Cabela's bucks I've got. For those that use them, is it worth it to get one? If so, what about the universal adapter...does it work as well as the set adapters, and would the mini or the regular be recommended for use on a Vortex viper and a pair of Leupold Acadias? I just can't find much info on the Phone Skope site.

If you search the forums, you'll find my thoughts on this.

It is worth it, only because nothing else is close to what it does. You can DIY, but the phoneskope is flawless in application. The two pieces can change based on your phone or your optic. That is nice, and I ebay my old ones so check there. To be able to put it on and the camera is perfectly focused is better than working with a universal. I tried 3 different ones before I just broke down and got the phoneskope. That stupid piece of plastic is overpriced, but I have yet to find something that works better. I heard elsewhere that there is a competing company, but I haven't seen it yet.

If you search the forums, you'll find my thoughts on this.

It is worth it, only because nothing else is close to what it does. You can DIY, but the phoneskope is flawless in application. The two pieces can change based on your phone or your optic. That is nice, and I ebay my old ones so check there. To be able to put it on and the camera is perfectly focused is better than working with a universal. I tried 3 different ones before I just broke down and got the phoneskope. That stupid piece of plastic is overpriced, but I have yet to find something that works better. I heard elsewhere that there is a competing company, but I haven't seen it yet.

406 nailed it.

Its crazily over priced for what it is. But after holding out for years on owning one, I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Mine came in the mail today. After playing with it this afternoon I wish I had sprung for the optic specific mount instead of the universal. I was thinking I could use the universal on my spotter and binos, and I can, but I'll probably do most all of my digiscoping the the spotter so I think I'd be happier with the optic specific one.

As a side note my first attempt to use the setup had me cussing phone skope because I couldn't see a thing on my phone's screen. After a few minutes of adjusting and reassembling I saw my lens cover was still on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back