Yeti GOBOX Collection

WY Moose units with 14pts

So glad I dropped out of that game many moons ago. But I probably could have hunted sheep by now. I can't hardly remember seems it was late 90s? Maybe early 2000s. Back when hunting was affordable. Lol

$2,000.00 for a cow moose? You’d have to be on crack!

I've heard people say 1,000+ times that "it's not about the size of the rack, it's about spending time with friend and family, enjoying the outdoors, the meat, etc." If that's true, then people should be willing to drop 2 grand for a cow, just as they would a bull.

So glad I dropped out of that game many moons ago. But I probably could have hunted sheep by now. I can't hardly remember seems it was late 90s? Maybe early 2000s. Back when hunting was affordable. Lol

So glad I didn't drop out...

DSC00872.JPG

Beauty of a bull Buzz. Truth is back during those times money was tight and points were cheap. The price increase put me out even though it was only 50$ I believe when it went up. I am in a better situation career wise now days and things are a little different. Just goes to show how these increases weeds more people out of the sport than we sometimes realize. I can't say that's a good direction. I do think Wyoming is a well managed state though don't get me wrong. I hope to chase animals there this year myself.

I've got 14 Moose points in WY and am not looking forward to paying the new fee on additional points. Are there any decent units I could draw and have a reasonable chance at a respectable bull? I'm 52 and in decent shape. I appreciate any help. Thanks

I only see one unit you would have a good shot at for bulls outside of the random draw. That unit is about 50% wilderness which as a non res would require a guide to hunt in the wilderness area. That is if I'm looking at the regs correctly

So glad I didn't drop out...

DSC00872.JPG

Lame post as a resident. I am glad you got in when they gave enough tags to make it worth it but you are not invested in as much for the crappy odds as a nonresident. Or maybe you are worried that my prediction is right and WY got a little too greedy this time and it will bite them in the long term. I just hope nonresidents really know what the odds are for the $$ but unless by miracle the moose population triples to what it was 20 years ago only a fool would pay $150 thinking he has more than a prayer. 47 bull tags for 11,818 applicants.... Here's a wiser move, go to Vegas and put that $150 on a 100:1 odds bet and if you win go to the Yukon fully guided with Jim Shockey LOL

Last edited:
Lame post as a resident. I am glad you got in when they gave enough tags to make it worth it but you are not invested in as much for the crappy odds as a nonresident. Or maybe you are worried that my prediction is right and WY got a little too greedy this time and it will bite them in the long term. I just hope nonresidents really know what the odds are for the $$ but unless by miracle the moose population triples to what it was 20 years ago only a fool would pay $150 thinking he has more than a prayer. 47 bull tags for 11,818 applicants.... Here's a wiser move, go to Vegas and put that $150 on a 100:1 odds bet and if you win go to the Yukon fully guided with Jim Shockey LOL

You could always apply to Idaho and hope you get lucky.

In the lower 48 drawing a moose tag isn't easy.

Utah gives like 3 or 4 of them to non residents a year.

In comparison, Wyoming with 47 is quite good. I think Idaho can give up to 60 or so.

I'll draw another one...wait and see.

Why are you comparing yourself like a nonresident? Your odds and cost are not even in the same playing field.

My odds are worse as a NR in Montana, but my 3rd Shiras tag is going to come from there. I have a good feeling about 2018...I'm due to hit a good tag.

I don't give up.

Buzz, I like you attitude. you will draw. Positive attitude!

Never worked for me. But I still try.

It works for you!

My odds are worse as a NR in Montana, but my 3rd Shiras tag is going to come from there. I have a good feeling about 2018...I'm due to hit a good tag.

I don't give up.

You gonna hack into the system like a Utard?

16 PP gets you into a nice moose area this fall. We've taken 2 bulls from one of the areas you could draw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back