Yeti GOBOX Collection

First DIY Public Land General Archery Muley - Utah - PHOTOS!

Congrats on the great buck! I see no entry wound or exit wound, did you scare it to death?

You asked for it....

Shot placement.jpg

Go easy on me fellas... This was the second time I was drawn back on this deer, and the first time I had let an arrow fly all hunt. The deer was 50 yards away, perfectly broadside, but staring right at me. I took my time, squeezed it off, and it felt good. I have a feeling he jumped the arrow a bit. When I saw where I hit him, I was extremely upset with myself, and immediately started praying! The deer luckily did not go more than 70 yards and laid down. Bled out within 30 mins. SOOO GRATEFUL!

Tossing my tag because I wounded a deer would have been the worst experience ever, and it was inches away from happening...

Thank you all for the awesome feedback. I really appreciate it, and am glad to have found a place like this to talk hunting with some of the best out in the field.

Dude it happens. I once got extremely lucky that a bad shot ended up clipping the jugular just under the jaw. Extremely fast death, but horrible shot.

BTW, those are great pics

As others have said awesome photos they really tell a story. Don't be to hard on yourself anyone who hunts especially bow hunts makes a bad shot sooner or later alls well that ends well. What did you say the gps coordinates were again:rolleyes:.
Congrats

Woah, cool story. That had to be a sinking feeling upon realizing where your arrow hit. Glad it turned out in you putting your tag on him though! As others have said , but I will echo - great pictures!

Awesome job man! Amazing pictures too!!! Need a hunting partner? :eek:

Thanks man! I saw your post about OTC Elk in CO this coming season, and it looks like we might be in the same boat. I am from Texas, and have mostly bow hunted out of tree stands my whole life. The Western spot and stalk game in big country is brand new to me, but it is Heaven! I can't get enough.

I am currently scouring OnX and looking for a spot to try OTC archery in CO this September. I will probably drive out there, so I am looking for a unit in southern CO. Units 75-81 basically. If you're interested in linking up and bouncing information off of each other, I'm game. PM if you want to link up!

Fantastic pictures! And congrats on your buck, he's a pretty one for sure.

Great buck and shots like those happen. They just do. Really enjoyed the photos and congrats! Best of luck in 2018 as well!

Love the pictures and great buck, to top it off you got to land some fish!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back