Caribou Gear

Wyoming Governor Candidate pro land transfer

Article says he unsuccessfully ran for governor of Idaho in 2010? Don't know if I've heard of someone running for governor in two different states.

Not going to happen, with the time and money already invested into Wyoming's PLT and a study that Wyoming can't afford it, he's fighting a losing battle. There are other individuals running that want to keep it public, I feel that the people of Wyoming will largely ignore him, much like they did in Idaho as well as his runs in Wyo. Our ties to public land run deep, I can't imagine the majority of Wyoming voting for a knucklehead that wants to transfer our lands.

Here is the link to the study, it's a good but long read if you have time to read it all.

http://slf-web.state.wy.us/osli/News/FinalStudyFedLand.pdf

Isn't he the game farm dude from ID?

Yes, he also had a failed run at our lone house seat that Cheney won.

Rex Rammell is going nowhere in the Governors race...he needs to ride that horse of his into the sunset.

The wicked witch of the west is a nothing as well.

Going to be Throne (D) V. Gordon or Murray (R) is my guess.

Last edited:
So I have a question not wanting to start a fight but trying to learn. What is the issue with states taking control of federal land.

Whenever I see land transfer described as giving land BACK to the states it makes my blood boil a little.

Whenever I see land transfer described as giving land BACK to the states it makes my blood boil a little.

Yeah, me too. The only people they could give the land back to would be Native Americans.

Glad we were able to ship him over to WY. Good luck with him, he's a bit out there to say the least

So I have a question not wanting to start a fight but trying to learn. What is the issue with states taking control of federal land.

I think the short and sweet of it is that the states have a long history of selling the land they control. Then it becomes private instead of public. There are other issues but this is the biggest one in my opinion.

Back