PEAX Equipment

Hog Hunting

maxx

I took the boys hog hunting a few years back. I was fortunate and I met up with another guy from a different forum in Texas. The guy went out of his way to make it an awesome weekend. It was 15 hours away and my dad went with us.

The boys want to hunt hogs again. I am sure I could contact this guy or heck I know enough people that I could find a spot to hunt them in Texas again for free and fair chase. I am not sure I want to drive that far by myself though.

I found a place in OK that is only 7 hours away. I know it is high fence, essentially they are trapping them and putting them in an area, (I am not sure how big that area is honestly).

I have done kick and shoot pheasant hunts before and they never bothered me. I figure you still have to hit them flying and going in I know while it is kind of hunting its not hunting.

All that said I am torn on this I don't think the boys will care and I think they will have a great time but in the back of my head there is this ticker going off saying dude that isn't hunting.

Am I over thinking this?

I have two friends that on different occasions and hunted at different places did the high fence hog hunts and neither one had a good experience. So if you go that way make sure to do your research. Personally I would rather drive a little farther and hunt free range hogs (which I have done). Whatever you decide let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

I took the boys hog hunting a few years back. I was fortunate and I met up with another guy from a different forum in Texas. The guy went out of his way to make it an awesome weekend. It was 15 hours away and my dad went with us.

The boys want to hunt hogs again. I am sure I could contact this guy or heck I know enough people that I could find a spot to hunt them in Texas again for free and fair chase. I am not sure I want to drive that far by myself though.

I found a place in OK that is only 7 hours away. I know it is high fence, essentially they are trapping them and putting them in an area, (I am not sure how big that area is honestly).

I have done kick and shoot pheasant hunts before and they never bothered me. I figure you still have to hit them flying and going in I know while it is kind of hunting its not hunting.

All that said I am torn on this I don't think the boys will care and I think they will have a great time but in the back of my head there is this ticker going off saying dude that isn't hunting.

Am I over thinking this?

Is Georgia an option? Lots of WMA and National Forest land opportunities almost year round here.

On private land it’s year round 24 hrs a day. You can even hunt at night with FLIR with some outfitters.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back