Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Young hunter from Texas headed out west

BigTex

Hello all, I've hunted my whole life down here in Texas. I'm now 19 and beginning to plan my first hunt out west with a couple of my buddies, and I'm positive I'll have plenty of questions for you seasoned western hunters out there in the coming weeks. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me along the way.

Welcome from Wyo! If I could go back and give my 19 year old self some advice, it'd be to hunt frequently in other places and start buying points in other states NOW! Even if you can't hunt out of state that year, bite the bullet and purchase the points only. Especially the big three points.

Thanks for the advice, I've been hearing that from quite a few people, this year I'll be putting in for a couple of sheep and goat tags, and I'm still doing some research on where to spend my money for Elk and Mule deer tags.

We're going to do a spring bear hunt in Idaho this coming spring (still narrowing down the unit), and unfortunately will be limited to spring bear and possibly very early archery hunts the next couple years due to school. But I'm definitely gonna start applying for Elk and Deer tags to earn points in MT and CO.

Welcome, do your research so when you have a question for the masses it’s a targeted question. There is a lot of good people on here that will then help you fill in the gaps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back