Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Pronghorn binos on a BUDGET

Some good deals on Leupold BX-3 Mojave 10X42 out there.

I never realized what a difference it made. Now I want top shelf, but poverty prevents that.

I would recommend the Vortex Raptors 10X32.
I got mine from Opticsplanet for $99.
Soft case, lens caps, decent strap included.
Also light weight.

See my review on a previous thread.

Perhaps somebody can get the $ numbers better than i can because I've not shopped for binoculars for a while, but you'll find that those $150 bins are fine, but somewhere about $350-450, you get into a range of much better glass that is closer to the high end ones than they are to the low end ones. You'll really notice differences in performance in low light conditions.
Whatever you do, get waterproof. You may never hunt in the rain, but you'll surely hunt in dusty conditions, and you don't want dust inside your binoculars.

Gonna throw another hat in the ring for the vortex diamondbacks. I have the 10x50’s and have enjoyed them every time I look through them. Not to mention vortex’s stellar lifetime warranty. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with them.

Speaking of, gonna order the tripod adapter and a tripod here soon. The trick is to ship that stuff to the office so the wife never has to know.

Check out Vanguard. There have been posts about them and every time they get reviews in magazine they get top score. I bought a pari a few years ago as a back up pair. Now they are my go to and have bought another pair as a back up. check out the 10x42 ED ones. You'll be very surprised.

check out the Carson optics binoculars, my dad bought a pair a few years ago and I have been very impressed with his binoculars as well as his carson scope

Nikon Monarch 5s. After what you've been looking through, these will blow your mind. Not sure if you deer hunt, but bino's go with me on every big game hunt.

check out the Carson optics binoculars, my dad bought a pair a few years ago and I have been very impressed with his binoculars as well as his carson scope

The reviews on Amazon for Carson optics are top-notch. If one had the money, I don't think you would regret it. That said, you can never go wrong with Leupold in any price range.

Check out Maven binoculars. I recently got the C series and am very impressed with them for the price. I think the glass is better than my Vortex Vipers.

I'm going to say Vortex Diamondbacks.
They are decent glass, come with a great warranty and hold their resale value because of the warranty.

I think resale is important because at some point you are going to want to upgrade.
You aren't going to get great glass for $200 so you may as well pick the "decent" pair that you'll lose the least amount of $ on when you inevitably decide to upgrade.
I bought a used pair of diamondbacks about 5 years ago. I sent them back to be checked out and cleaned up and expect to sell them for what I paid now that I've upgraded myself.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back