Bros to Zinke and the Pres. don't have to drill

easy Charles,,just joking.

hCBD2A71A

:D

The brevity of a sardonic truism is ok....as long as one agrees with the message, otherwise it's smartass cockroachism....that about it?

Kinda having trouble grasping that one. Never met a cockroach with attitude. They sorta just are

Kinda having trouble grasping that one. Never met a cockroach with attitude. They sorta just are

I have. I lived in Houston for 6 years. Those roaches will strong-arm you and steal your car. Real sh#thole roaches. Not the kind of roaches you want coming in to your state or town, let me tell you what.

As for the meanderings on our boy in D.C. -

His record in the Montana Legislature was actually decent when it came to many issues. He was fiscally conservative, yet socially moderate to progressive. He used to call climate change one of the greatest national security threats, voted for common-sense conservation ideas and was not really a vote we had to worry about, except when it came to wolves (he did represent his constituency). He was not the far right politician that emerged in 2012, running with a shady character for the governorship. He was considered a moderate and thoughtful too boot.

Perhaps that is why so many in Montana were at least hopeful that he wouldn't be who he turned out to be - an opportunist who would do and say anything to advance his own career. Now, we're starting to see the real Zinke, and one that some of his former team members and fellows who served with him say is the real Zinke.

But back to the intent of the OP - how many conservatives are sounding the clarion call for "local control" now that they are in charge? None, which is also why they are trying to eliminate the very processes by which locals exert most control. The key for this administration and this congress is control.

Governors across the nation are calling on Trump & Zinke, et al, to stop their current approach, which is one of the most top-down, lobbyist driven approaches to governance since - I don't know when. When the Governors of Wyoming, Montana, Colorado and Nevada are all telling you that you messed up and could possibly cause a listing of a bird that had a fairly secure future, it's time to listen and stop what you are doing. Yet they move ahead full steam.

Same for offshore drilling.

So the next time someone comes asking for your vote, promising to restore control to locals, remember how it's worked out for us so far.

I have. I lived in Houston for 6 years. Those roaches will strong-arm you and steal your car. Real sh#thole roaches. Not the kind of roaches you want coming in to your state or town, let me tell you what.

Ah, so it's a Texas thing:hump:

I was a pretty avid supporter of Zinke while he represented MT. As a DOI Secretary, that "avid" support has waned a bit. The fact is, the D's groaned really loud over their loss of pretty much all three branches of the U.S. Gov't. With that, one has to reflect what is now known of the characteristics of this leadership style. Granted we are not aware of his cigar getting smoked by interns in the oval office... and to think we were that close to our "First Gentleman" of the United States. :D
It was the first year the Russians entered my polling booth and tried to convince me NOT to write in my first ever selection for Pres and Vice Prez...

With all of this, knowing there would not be a Democrat hung DOI Secretary, I revert to the choices available... Zinke has been the better of the options for opposition to the PLT R based platform agenda and for that, I'm still supportive of Zinke. If we had any of the vast majority of R's ready to push the PLT as the DOI Secretary, OUR land's would be in DefCon 1 status vs the current. Tie this back in with the above mentioned R's, king of the Hill current position and Zinke's publicly known opposition to the PLT plight of the kings of the Hill... we are better off. ;)

Last edited:

...careful now Ben, you are pejoratively maligning Sheila Jackson Lee's co-dependents/defendants/constituents.

The brevity of a sardonic truism is ok....as long as one agrees with the message, otherwise it's smartass cockroachism....that about it?

aren't you from Texas? do you read a thesaurus every time you speak up or are you highly edumacated? LOL good times always trying to figure out what you are saying

aren't you from Texas? do you read a thesaurus every time you speak up or are you highly edumacated? LOL good times always trying to figure out what you are saying

Think you mean Mother Texas....you can get a helluva public edjamacation down here if you pay attention.;)

Back