WY Elk: Where to use 9 points?

KU_Geo

I'm looking for some thoughts on where to potentially use my elk points in wyoming. Living in CO I have the opportunity to hunt elk every year so I've been saving WY with the thought of one day doing a classic pack in guided hunt somewhere in the cody region. All my hunts are typically DIY but with the WY wilderness regulation I thought if I was ever going to go guided this is a good situation for it. I hadn't given much thought to using them but find I don't have any other major hunting trips planned for this year or next. the Max point units are pretty much out of reach at this point so I'm looking at unit 61, 55, 63, and 64. I've been leaning toward 61 and potentially hunting with Trail west outfitters but any thoughts on which of those units, or the difference, or potential outfitters people have used would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would go with Trails West. If I was going guided, that is the one I would do.

Waterman, did you end up booking with Trails West for a unit 61 hunt? Would love to hear about your experience.

I just saw this and was like i dont remember starting this post... Hello fellow Waterman lol

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back