MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

"Randy Newberg hunter" with Cushman

Day 4, Final Day:

[video=youtube_share;8aTTBrADZzs]https://youtu.be/8aTTBrADZzs[/video]

These interruptions are really interfering with me completing my tax return!
I lie, love it!
Great bunch of guys...young and old!
Cheers
Richard

Probably the best day to day hunt you have done. Those boys are going to create havoc on Montana game for years!

A filmed deer hunt on public land in Montana doesn't get any better than that ... with Colorful Cush and the Martin boys completing terrific shooting and the expression of value for hunting patience, careful shooting safety, and appreciating the trophy success taking valuable wildlife for table fare.

The Martin boys are definitely a class act. I am fortunate to get to spend some time with the whole Martin Clan in about a week. While I am out there do you need me to ship you some Cold Smokes?

It was awesome hanging out with you guys!

Bring me some Cold Smoke back, Cushman snubbed me and did not send me any...lol

I suspect Randy is a bit too modest about his contribution to the success of this hunt. Hopefully I'm not letting the cat out of the bag for the edit of his Amazon episode by releasing this short clip of Gareth and I. I'm guessing he felt it a bit too self-congratulatory because Michael included scenes just prior to and just after in this edit. I wanted to share Gareth's reaction when I told him I thought it would be appropriate to thank Randy on camera for sharing his hunting spot with us.

As a somewhat humorous side note, Gareth and I were talking before Randy and Michael showed up to help us pack out the deer. I was teaching him a bit of hunter etiquette and telling him that since Randy showed us this specific spot and we were his guests it wouldn't be right for us to tell others exactly where we were hunting. That information was Randy's to share if he chose, not ours since he had shared it with us.

Later that night, Gareth came to me and said, "Dad, I told John Cushman about where we were hunting today." He was feeling bad because he shared Randy's secret spot. He felt a lot better after I laughed and told him it was okay to tell John about it seeing as he was on the hunt with us. :)

Since Randy didn't include Gareth's "thank-you", I will. [video=youtube;4-jlpEZBzPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-jlpEZBzPg[/video]

I also want to thank all of you for your kind and supportive comments about my boys. I will share them all with my wife, who really deserves most of the credit for any of their good qualities. Sometimes when they are hassling their siblings, picking on each other and behaving in manners that contrast their on camera persona I know she wonders if anything she is trying to teach them is settling in between their ears and if she isn't failing them as a parent.

Thank-you all for affirming her effort is not in vain.

Great day by day. Hope to see more of these style hunts in the future now that Randy isn’t on TV. Thank you John for your service and great shooting by the kids.

Cush, your reaction to shooting that buck was awesome. The genuine emotion and gratitude was welcoming and appreciated as a viewer. It was great to put a face and a voice to name.

Way Cool!
GM,Ya done real good!
Cush,priceless.
BF & the gang,Wow,never cease to amaze me.

Lets setup a beer swap. There's a ton of good stuff out here that probably isn't distributed where you guys live.

The beer swap will have to include taste testing just to be safe.

We'll be happy to put on a SNIPER SCHOOL for you next year! :) You wont' even have to bring a rifle! It was great hanging out with you and Michael. You should post up some pictures of your bucks. I'd have been happy to hang a tag on yours!

I'm supposed to be hunting with my Cherokee Sniper School instructor AKA Dr. Sleephammer next weekend so we should have chance for a refresher lesson.

That was a great series. Good job to all. That was everything hunting should be about. Priceless reactions, great attitudes, deep appreciation. Congrats to all of you.

Enjoyed this series. Neat to see HuntTalk 'friends' in action. Always admired Cushman and Gerald, but this sealed the deal - quality people.
Congrats and thanks to Randy, Cushman, and the Martins.
Appreciate yall taking us along.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back