How to make a 191" ram look tiny

Wait until you see the three rams that FWP has from wild Horse. The difference between 214 and 190 is amazing.

I heard Montana’s big rams came from Alberta.

Nope, almost every introduced herd can trace their lines back to the native Sun herd even if its via wild horse Island or the breaks etc. My ram came from a unit that had a wild horse island transplant. Not many rocks on wild horse island to broom their horns off though so long horns are common.

That 191 ram is still awesome! I've put in now 39 years in a row and still no sheep tag for in Montana yet! Are you saying there's a chance this year???

Don't get me wrong im plenty happy with him....we were just comparing them today and its funny how much smaller a big ram looks next to a huge ram

Horns on mine were 40 x 40 3/8.....how long are they on those two....Id put the smaller of them in the 43-44 range and the bigger one in the 46-47" range

Last edited:
Fantastic Ram you ended up with!

Also, WSF just posted some pics of the 209 on FB.

Based on the info on the site I poached the pic of the two rams from...the smaller one is the 209 your referring to

Bigger one is rumored to go 214"

Last edited:
From pics I've seen, the 214 appears to still have lamb tips.

Since they've been made public here are two more pics of the rams from WHI. Left to right is 205, followed by 209 and 214. All are green scores.

Top Back View.jpg

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back