Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Idaho youth general tags?

smitty661

My nephew turns 10 this year and i would like to take him to idaho in the fall for his first Deer. He joined us in colorado last year and it was very fun for both of us. I have a few other trips this year for myself so i will have to squeeze this in on a weekend. I love the hunt planner map from the IDFG but i dont see any information on general youth tags. It sounds like they have some either sex opportunities for kids but i am having a hard time finding the information. Can anybody point me in the right direction? How can i identify which units have general youth tags? Thanks in advance,
Smitty

All the general youth tags are antlerless, go to general any weapon seasons and look under the date it will say (Youth Hunt Only). And controlled hunts will have its own section for Youth Only tags. Pretty easy, take a look.
Matt

nonresident mentored youth tags are OTC and good in all general units, the youth hunter has to be within normal talking distance of a licensed adult while hunting, cost in well under $100 for tag and license combined, bag limit is one deer in some units that are buck only otherwise

Read the regs. I know some general deer units allow youth to kill either sex.

Most of the regular deer general season tags have antlerless option for youth effectively making them either sex for certain dates.
Take 19a for example if you and a youth both buy regular deer tags then you can hunt whitetail or muledeer bucks (Oct 10 to 31) and your youth hunter can hunt either species, either sex from (Oct 10 to the 31st). Make sure to read all special notes carefully.

Screenshot_20180112-143705.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back