Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Looking for Elk hunting partner for 2018

psycho

I have decided I have to hunt bull elk at least once every year from now on.
I apply in most western states and have a few points in each. OTC tags are fine too but I didn’t do very well the one time I tried it.
I did learn you have to be willing to walk further than a majority of other hunters AND have a little luck to get it done with OTC tags. It was my girlfriends first exposure to hunting and I didn’t want to put her through a 15 hour death march,,,, yet.
I guess a little about myself since I’m looking to meet up with a guy, gal or hunting party compatible with me.
I grew up in small towns of Nevada shooting rabbits and whistle pigs but never took the time to go after anything that needed a license or tag.
My brother got me hooked on hunting with the 2013 deer season. He was my hunting partner from then on but recently he moved to the east coast.
I now put applications in for 15 states. I went on 14 different hunts in 2017 with family, friends or solo as I’m hooked. Or maybe I’m trying to catch up for lost time as I have lots to learn.
I often do considerable research before I jump into a hunt so I have plenty of backup plans should the main area not pan out.
I’m 40 years old and own my own business so time and money generally don’t get in the way of my outdoors obsession.
I sit at a desk in Las Vegas most of the work day but keep myself in good shape as I enjoy hiking past where most hunters call it quits.
I have not done a backpack camping hunt yet but will have all that gear for the upcoming season as its time to get further in the back country.
While I am dedicated with the grit to get it done when it gets tough I can also take the lazy way when the time calls for it.
I don’t take myself to seriously. Too much to see and do to get all wound up about screwing something up but I certainly learn from my mistakes.
This website is the most social media I have done as I generally try and limit my time at a computer, since that’s my day job.
If you have an awesome tag and just need some help I would still come along and help you get your animal and haul it out as that seems to be almost as much fun as having the tag in my pocket.
It’s about the adventure for me.
Utah might be top of my list as I’d like a second shot at that OTC bull but if you have a better plan then I might be up for it.
Whats your elk plan for 2018?

Might get more response if you change your handle?

Who wants to be alone in the woods with me?
Signed
Psycho
;)

Last edited:
I'm currently a New Mexico resident. Looking to do some backpack long range rifle hunting next year.
Unfortunately, however, I am new to the area and have not yet met anyone interested in the level of exertion that I am talking about. PM me if you'd be interested in joining me for a wilderness backpack hunt in mid-late october.

Possibly looking for someone to help out on a New Mexico elk hunt, I’m 32 and this will be my first elk hunt, pm me if you would like.

PM sent to both Trott2478 and goose000. Don't know if you two had a chat yet but seems like you guys might be a good fit together. Thanks to everyone for the PMs. I'm pretty well booked for 2018 but always planning ahead so 2019 hunt plans are in the works. Idaho spring bear was a lot of fun so will have to add that to the must do yearly list.

I was thinking about sending you a PM but then I thought a kook and a psycho hunting together with guns maybe not a good idea.

Back