Caribou Gear Tarp

6 points in wyoming, unsure what to do

I agree jtm. This is what I was driving at before being chastised. However, I did not do a just job in properly asking the question.
I've been waiting for someone to agree and support the comment, if valid...

I think you missed a step between 2 and 3. Unless I'm mistaken, after the resident draw, all leftovers go to NR's who applied unsuccessfully in the initial draw. THEN, if there are any left over still, they go into the leftover draw where NR's and R's can apply. This is not at all obvious by looking at the WYG&F website. I was confused on this a while back (regarding antelope leftovers), then someone corrected me.

You ARE mistaken! What Flatrock posted is exactly how it works. Leftovers after the initial resident draw DO NOT GO to NRs who applied unsuccessfully in the initial draw like you stated. The NR draw is in February and the results are normally posted by the end of the month. The resident draw isn't until June for elk, so there is no way what you mentioned is possible. Any that are left go into the second draw for everyone, so the unsuccessful NRs have to apply for that second draw with everyone else to have any chance at getting a tag and then it's first come first serve if there are any tags left after that second draw.

Last edited:
Capture.jpg

TG, you are correct as stated on the WY G&F website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back