Ruger LCR-X .22 LR pistol

6mm Remington

So I saw the add for these new Ruger compact revolvers and was really interested as they looked like the perfect little pistol for plinking, small game hunting (grouse - rabbits, etc), and even self-defense. Better than a stick anyway if you have it on you.

The pistol is an 8 shot revolver with a hammer so you can fire it double action and single action. The barrel length is 3" which I think is just right for something little to carry yet accurate enough for the tasks it's made for.

I went to Cabela's and looked at them and walked out the door with one. I took it to the range right away with 2 boxes of shells to try it out. I wished I would have taken a couple small screwdrivers with me to adjust the rear sight as it needs just a touch of fine tuning there. Nice it has adjustable rear sights on it! I shot 100 rounds of .22 LR through it and it seems like it's going to be just great. It's really lightweight and a Galco Askins holster would be perfect for it. Of course they did not have one in the store. I just wanted to let folks know about this one. I've been looking for a nice little .22 LR pistol like this for a long time.

David.

https://ruger.com/products/lcrx/models.html

I have a .380 LCP and really like it. It doesn't surprise me that this .22 is a good gun since the LCP is too. Ruger really did well in these LC lines.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back