MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Any new fitness goals for the 2018 season?

duckhunt

I walk the dog a mile every morning and do T25 alpha. Also do a little light lifting. Going to step it up to 2 miles and T25 beta. Plan on lifting 2 nights a week. Working alot of overtime makes it tuff to get to the fitness center to lift.

One thing I'm going to really try to work on is cutting out sodas and energy drinks. Another thing I've gotten back into is more sit ups and push ups in smaller volumes but more frequently. Back in my machining days I use to do sets of 25 of each while the machine was cutting. Been doing 3 sets of each a day and want to do more. Just need to cut the Dr. Pepper out to make a difference!

I do some cardio and weight training 3 days a week.....other than that I'm all about FITNESS whole pizza in my BELLY!!!!

I do some cardio and weight training 3 days a week.....other than that I'm all about FITNESS whole pizza in my BELLY!!!!

Damn you stole mine.

I'm doing Crossfit-esc workout 3-5 days a week. Trying to keep calories and portions down. I've cut a lot of alcohol out of my diet which helps a ton.

My goal last year was to qualify for the Boston Marathon and this year I will be running it.

Still can't really decide if I want to run it easy and enjoy the course and the spectators or if I want to try to push myself and try to run another qualifying time.

I'm training hard enough that I should be able to run another qualifying time if I want to.

My goal last year was to qualify for the Boston Marathon and this year I will be running it.

Still can't really decide if I want to run it easy and enjoy the course and the spectators or if I want to try to push myself and try to run another qualifying time.

I'm training hard enough that I should be able to run another qualifying time if I want to.

Congrats! I ran a few marathons. I would enjoy the event and qualify at another course somewhere. Good luck.

For me, I just recently started doing an easier version of the Mike Murphy WOD 4-5 days a week. Run, pull ups, push ups, squats then run again. I like doing his workout as often as I can as a reminder to those that have served and paid the ultimate price for our country. I add step ups occasionally because my fitness these days is all about getting up and down the hills out west.

Great job on the Boston Marathon; takes an impressive time to just qualify! I would say take it easy an enjoy but doubt if I could just do that myself.

I plan on running another qualifier for WSER since I didn’t get drawn this year.

Very impressive!! My goal this past year was to start running, and run a marathon before my 50th birthday, which was last month. I did run a marathon in November, which I never would believe that I could do it last January. But I didn't have a time to qualify for Boston!

Now I just need to come up with another goal this year!

My fitness training will be the same as last year - 30 mins to run the hill behind me and swimming, kickboxing, running and light weights at least 5 days a week. But most importantly, no injuries!

Great stuff guys. We had our Christmas with all our kids yesterday because its to hard to get everybody together around Christmas time. Needless to say I had a few drinks and pretty much stuffed my face with all the great food. Feeling a little guilty this morning. I better work some of that out of my system today.

I remember way back when you began your serious running regimen. Congrats on the milestones. What's the odometer reading?

I've got a (east coast) mountain trail race in May and want to use that to help get ready for the fall. Mixing in running and hiking with a pack. Should hit the weights a bit, but I have never been consistent on that front.

I remember way back when you began your serious running regimen. Congrats on the milestones. What's the odometer reading?

55.3 miles for this first week of 2018. 11,247.7 miles since I started my original goal in 2011 of being able to run 6 miles in 60 minutes.

I had a great beginning in 2017 with my BQ, but ended up with my fewest miles running since 2012. My tentative goal for 2018 is 2,020 miles which would be my best ever by a whopping 1 mile.

2018 55.3 mi
2017 1773.2 mi
2016 2019.1 mi
2015 1912.7 mi
2014 1851.3 mi
2013 2016.6 mi
2012 1357.3 mi
2011 262.3 mi

55.3 miles for this first week of 2018. 11,247.7 miles since I started my original goal in 2011 of being able to run 6 miles in 60 minutes.

I had a great beginning in 2017 with my BQ, but ended up with my fewest miles running since 2012. My tentative goal for 2018 is 2,020 miles which would be my best ever by a whopping 1 mile.

2018 55.3 mi
2017 1773.2 mi
2016 2019.1 mi
2015 1912.7 mi
2014 1851.3 mi
2013 2016.6 mi
2012 1357.3 mi
2011 262.3 mi

Those are some BIG numbers! Congrats!

I did some estimating for my bike numbers and I don’t think I am over 4,000 miles. You are getting it done for sure!

2018 55.3 mi
2017 1773.2 mi
2016 2019.1 mi
2015 1912.7 mi
2014 1851.3 mi
2013 2016.6 mi
2012 1357.3 mi
2011 262.3 mi

That is alot of miles.

My goal is to do 36,500 (100/day) burpees in 2018. So far I have done 700 and my time is getting faster. The last two days of 100 clocked in at just over 13 minutes. My goal is to break 8 minutes at some point.

Dang Npaden, that's awesome!

I'm down 40 pounds from last year at this time. Goal is to drop another 60 by the end of the year. We've made significant changes in our diets and have cut out 90% of the processed foods and sugars that used to be in our diet and I'm scaling liquor way back.

I try to get 5 miles a day in and lift 2-3 times a week. So far, I'm off-track in the New Year, but have hit the mile markers 5 out of 8 days so far, with one day lost due to a 24 hour cold. Time to ratchet it back up and hit the guy this week with a focused regimen of cardio (elliptical w/intervals) and body weight/free weight training focused on core development. Also going to increase recovery efforts through rolling, massage and chiropractic cracking to keep loose and not get all stove up by the end of winter.

My goal is to do 36,500 (100/day) burpees in 2018. So far I have done 700 and my time is getting faster. The last two days of 100 clocked in at just over 13 minutes. My goal is to break 8 minutes at some point.

Better you than me...Burpees suck. they are the most irritating exercise anyone ever came up with. Had to do some of them when I ran a spartan race last summer:W: Certainly would not be my first choice as an exercise.

According to a podcast I listen to, 10 minutes is stud territory. Get After It!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back