Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Eastman’s father son bear hunt

ol_spark

I just watched an Eastman’s show about a father son hunt where they killed two bears in southern Colorado with a rifle. At first the son shoots his bear in a stand of oak brush and seconds later another bear is spotted and since the son is the only one with hunter orange on the father dons his hat and vest and proceeds to shoot a bear for himself. Great but it leaves me wondering again about hunter orange in western states. After you shoot your animal, is the hunt over and you’re no longer required to wear orange? How did they both wear required orange while retrieving animals or is it not required? Not so in Pennsylvania so that’s the reason I ask. I know I’ve seen countless shows where friends help pack out animals and don’t where orange and Guy indicated that he and Ike were helping them pack out but don’t the hunters have to wear orange until animal is either at vehicle or home? Just curious?

Who knows with Eastman’s. Mike is barely literate. Probably inbred or something. The rest of them he fathered, so basically the whole pool is tainted.

Who knows with Eastman’s. Mike is barely literate. Probably inbred or something. The rest of them he fathered, so basically the whole pool is tainted.[/QUOTE

What an absolutely disgusting pathetic comment.

So according to CPW Durango office, the answer is that it was legal. Hunt is over when animal is shot. Hunting is done only when you have a gun or bow in hand and that is the only time you have to wear orange/pink. Of course all of you knew that. It’s like my Dad used to say “there’s no sense in being stupid unless you show it once in awhile”. Silly me.

Legal maybe, would a warden take issue with it... probably. I always wear blaze orange even when I'm helping a buddy pack out, always better to be safe than sorry.

Not sure why, but I usually take it off immediately after something is dead. Arrest me as needed.

What else are you suppose to wrap the skull in afterwards?

Attachments

• IMG_3100.JPG
    IMG_3100.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 205

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back